ATM - Cash Specialist II
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Customer Service team provides operational support to First Republic clients, both external and internal. We move quickly to serve our clients’ needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. As ambassadors of First Republic’s high standard of extraordinary service, we are key drivers of the long-term relationships we build with our colleagues and clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
First Republic Bank is always looking for new talent who are passionate about providing extraordinary service. The Deposit Services team is looking for someone who thrives in a team environment and who enjoys pro-actively solving problems for our internal and external clients.
We are looking for a Cash Specialist who will be responsible for placing and tracking cash orders for ATMs, Electronic Cash Dispensers (ECD) and Preferred Banking Offices/Client Services requests. This candidate will interact with a variety of cash equipment and service vendors to ensure their deliverables are successfully met. The Cash Specialist will support a variety of automated cash equipment installation and corporate projects tasks assigned.
A successful individual will be a representative of the ATM and Card Services Department and a resource for bankers for all cash services for the region in which they support. They will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolve issues that arise in the execution of projects and provide timely escalation when necessary.
What you’ll do as a Cash Specialist:
- Receive cash ordering requests for ATMs and/or ECD installations
- Place cash orders for Preferred Banking Offices and Preferred Banking Client Services
- Ensure order requests are within authority limits for requestor
- Order cash from Federal Reserve, Bank of America, Brinks, or Loomis
- Review cash totals for ATMs and PBOs to ensure adequate cash levels
- Track cash requests from order placement to delivery
- Resolve cash delivery and/or pickup issues,
- Coordinate all onsite or offsite ATM and ECD cash servicing, including adding and removing servicing location, as needed
- Reconcile and process daily ATM settlement, GL accounts, and monthly Certifications
- Process special cash orders and change standing cash orders for PBO needs
- Journal all daily replenishments and work with cash accounting to research and resolve various cash discrepancies
- Work in conjunction with Operation Analyst to review and research invoices due to missed SLAs with existing vendors
- Coordinate and conduct monthly cash vendor performance service meetings
- Process ATM Instant Issue and Debit cards requests
- Audit and track Debit card stock inventory
- Assist and/or escalate any customer service related issues pertaining to any of the equipment this department is responsible for.
- Using all ATM system application tools (Remote Manager, VISA/CATS, ATM Manager, CheckAlt, MyDiebold, etc,) to assist, identify and investigate escalated ATM and cash related service issues to resolve or propose solutions to rectify.
- Provides support to Preferred Banking Offices and Diebold technicians in response to ATMs, Cash Dispensing Units and Magtek Instant Issue card equipment faults to tech support.
- Supports ATM and Card Services team with high volume of calls incoming calls, as needed
- Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Must have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in Banking or ATM Operations
- Teller, Lead Teller, and/or Cash Management experience preferred
- Technical and operational knowledge of ATMs preferred.
- Prior accounting, cash operations, or teller experience preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and team building skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft suite of products, especially with Excel
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Have a strong sense of urgency and superior client service skills.
- Flexible and able to change direction quickly.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential information and has the judgement to escalate issues when appropriate.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.