At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Information Security supports the business’ objectives by implementing state of the art cybersecurity technologies and practices so that we are well-prepared to protect Company’s systems and data from cyber-attacks and other unplanned disruptions.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for an Access Engineer to be a part of our team. He/she will be responsible for driving the continued growth of our access management platform and extending its use across more applications. The candidate must have excellent skills on various Access Management products - primarily with PingFederate. The candidate must have strong working knowledge of standard-based access management technologies and concepts.
What you'll do as an Access Engineer:
- Work with Access Management technologies such as PING, Active Directory, Radius based 2-factor.
- Configure Federated SSO for enterprise internal and third party SaaS applications.
- Responsible for the delivery of products and solutions for Single Sign-On via Ping Federate.
- Owns the quality of the implementation and follows the changes through all lower environments through production.
- Works closely with QA teams to ensure quality standards are being met.
- Understands the solution and the domain/ industry well and acts as subject matter expert to be able to understand the customer's requirement.
- If appropriate suggest alternatives to better the solution and alleviate the challenge/ issue being addressed.
- Works with application teams to gather SSO requirements and build out a solution in non-production & production environments.
- Responsible for performing unit testing on built and existing SAML assertions.
- Responsible for coordinating application onboarding with end client contacts, client project managers and application owners.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software experience both at the O/S level and the application level where required.
- Work with vendors on supporting the platform and upgrade activities.
- Maintenance of PingFed servers/ access software including performing upgrades, patches, and ensuring availability.
- Helps to establish a multi-year technology roadmap for Access Management.
- Participates in disaster recovery testing exercises.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 4-7+ years of experience in identity management or related technologies.
- Possess good working knowledge in SailpointIQ System, Active Directory, Java and Web Based Technologies.
- Ability to synthesize robust and cost-effective technical solutions against customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- Experience in tools such as Sailpoint, Service Now, or other identity management systems preferred.
- Understands the challenges in managing an identity system within an organization.
- 5 years of experience on Access Management products/domain.
- Experience in working with the single sign on protocols like SAML.
- Wiliness to learn and grow within the Access Management space.
- Familiarity with federation protocols such as SAML.
- Good understanding of access management, federated identity, 2-factor solutions, and LDAP directories.
- Good hands on experience in PingFederate or similar SSO solution a plus.
- Experience in installing and maintaining the PingFederate across different environments.
- Strong working knowledge of PingFederate Policy server, policy enforcement products/concepts.
- Knowledge in Radius and other MFA protocols.
- Working knowledge of SAML Federation & PingFederate.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with PingFederate.
- Knowledge of Open ID Connect Policy, SAML, SOAP, WS-Security, OAuth.
- Experience with operating systems (Windows Server, Linux/Unix) and application servers.
- Self-direction as a technical lead, willingness to take ownership and drive results, propose technical directions, make decisions and resolve issues.
- Focus on effective decision making across the job requirements.
- Detail, quality, and customer-orientation
- Strong customer experience focus.
- Ability to lead junior team members and ensure their work product is in line with quality standards and expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills able to speak directly and professionally even when challenged.
- Familiarity with SAML SSO
- Experience with source control tools
- Financial Industry experience
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.