At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Our team’s goal is to support our clients’ banking needs and develop long-term relationships through exceptional, personalized service. As the Bank’s deposit experts, we offer deposit solutions for our clients and their businesses through our high-touch service model.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
As a Administrative Assistant, you will have the opportunity to optimize efficiency through effective administrative support, including interacting with various departments as a liaison for Loan teams or management.
What you’ll do as a Administrative Assistant:
- Prepare and present data as needed to various levels of staff, including senior and C-level management.
- Prepare memos, letters, and other documents and reports for internal and external distribution.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings, including gathering and preparing agendas and other materials, arranging communications logistics as necessary (remote or otherwise), and taking minutes.
- Handle incoming phone calls, internal and external, as well as all other forms of incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Schedule appointments and maintain a calendar for the manager, including making travel and hotel arrangements.
- Handle copying, filing and organizing, and distribution of various reports and documents.
- Submit expense reports, sponsorship requests and check requisitions.
- Create and maintain client and prospect address lists for marketing mailings and various other mailers.
- Make catering arrangements for team and vendor meetings as requested.
- Order office and marketing supplies and create marketing packages.
- Engage directly with all levels of external clients and prospects as well as internal team members, including senior executives.
- Lead and manage special projects as they arise on behalf of the manager.
- Act as a liaison for the Loan team and Relationship Managers in the absence of the manager.
- Navigate the organizational infrastructure to solve problems.
- Provide input and suggestions for process improvements.
- Assist with the recruiting and integration of new hires.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Two to five years of experience in the financial services industry
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- A bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to confidently and professionally communicate with all levels of staff, including executive management
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work efficiently
- and accurately, with a keen eye for detail, in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.