At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Business Banking, we provide comprehensive depository, cash management, and lending services to businesses throughout our communities. While our clients are diverse, we are focused on meeting the needs of professional service firms (doctors, lawyers, accountants, investment managers and consultants of all kinds) as well as those in the following industries: Private Equity, Venture Capital, Technology, Wineries, Aviation and Marine, and Non Profit Organizations. As a Business Banking team member at First Republic, you will work directly with clients to identify their banking needs and financial goals in order to deliver tailored solutions for their businesses as well as their personal banking and wealth management needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
As an Administrative Assistant and Business Banking team member at First Republic, you will work directly with clients and internal colleagues to provide administrative support to the Business Banking team while planning client and team events, servicing client requests and coordinating marketing efforts. The administrative assistant must exhibit extraordinary client service and leadership skills. Must be able to lead by example, take the initiative and go above and beyond. The administrative assistant is expected to collaborate with other administrative assistants in and outside of the department to support the broader needs of the team and the Bank.
What you’ll do as an Administrative Assistant:
- Provide extraordinary client service
- Provide administrative support to the Business Banking team for seven Business Bankers
- Manage and maintain calendaring for Business Bankers, including scheduling, sending invitations and arranging meeting logistics using problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate will need to exercise judgement within narrowly defined timeframes
- Coordinate logistics for internal and external meetings; drafting correspondence to clients and internal colleagues; ensuring every calendar invite has all the necessary meeting materials, attachments, call-in number or video links
- Anticipate needs of colleagues and clients while providing general administrative support such as: managing logistics and refreshments for meetings, answering incoming telephone calls, managing incoming emails/faxes, filing, submitting business expense reports, ordering supplies, scheduling appointments, reserving guest offices and conference rooms and distributing mail
- Partner with each Business Bankers to support business development efforts; act as lead coordinator for marketing efforts and client events
- Handle confidential Bank and Client information in a discrete manner. Assist with phone calls to prospects and clients, schedule all client-related appointments, and coordinate client mailings/invitations to company events
- Assist in ordering and mailing client and prospect gifts; must exercise creativity and thoughtfulness when selecting client / prospect gifts
- Partner with Senior Administrative Assistant to coordinate team events
- Assist team with document preparation, including editing, formatting and distribution of documents.
- Support PQA and Credit analysts on quarterly reporting items occasionally, as needed.
- Greet clients, prospects and visitors in the office and provide First Republic Bank level of service and hospitality
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent and at least three to five years of administrative experience; hospitality, client service or event management experience a plus
- Background demonstrating extraordinary client service, ability to create a cohesive team environment, initiative and leadership skills.
- Punctual, detail-oriented, and creative
- Proficiency with Zoom, WebEx, Skype, Concur, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- The ability to work well individually and with the team and a desire to work closely with other colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude
- Ability to effectively communicate with prospective customers, existing customers and banking associates
- Must be highly detail-oriented and possess excellent multi-taking abilities
- A personality that is energetic, proactive, professional, approachable, entrepreneurial
- Excellent intuition and judgement, with the ability to handle sensitive information with high confidentiality
- The capacity to prioritize multiple duties and responsibilities and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment; detail-oriented and highly organized
- An orientation toward being a team player and providing extraordinary service while furthering the First Republic Bank culture and values
- The ability to cover expected overtime due to event coverage or client and project needs
- Must be comfortable with client and prospect communication and interactions
- Must possess the ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via video, telephone, text message, and email.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.