Alternative Investments Associate - Contingent
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
As an Alternative Investments Associate-Contingent, you are responsible for the reconciliation of equity and fixed income accounts. This responsibility includes but is not limited to resolving breaks and exceptions between FRIM’s account system Advent APX and the holdings reported by the various custodians, on a daily basis. This reconciliation must be performed accurately to prevent possible risk related to trading and corporate actions. The individual must be a team player, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
What you’ll do as a Alternative Investments Associate- Contingent:
- Analysis and organization of corporate action announcement data received from data vendors, custodian banks, trustees, information agents, exchanges, and regulatory agencies Creation and follow-up of corporate action event notifications distributed internally across the firm (Portfolio Managers, Traders, Analysts, Operation groups)
- Processing the direct AI capital calls and communicating the activity and status with the reassigned WM’s
- Maintain system by accurately tracking pricing, security master and system quality control.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from internal teams across the organization.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports.
- Ensure department is audit ready and assist in both internal and external audits pertaining to accounts maintained on APX system.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by department managers and/or senior associates.
What skills you will use:
- Familiar with working in Fidelity’s Wealthscape and Pershing’s NetX360
- Ability to work with data in Salesforce, APX
- Ability to further the First Republic Bank culture and values
- Team player with positive energy
- Task driven self-starter
- Detail-oriented and reliable
- Dedicated and motivated
- Handles challenges head on with little guidance
- Ability to work long hours in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.