Analyst, Compliance and Risk
First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients’ needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals – our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Deposit Services Compliance and Risk Analyst supports the Deposit Services department in the delivery and maintenance of an effective program for the identification, measurement and monitoring of risk and associated operating controls related to the department and its products and services.
This individual will work closely with managers and teams within Deposit Services, as well as with organizations across First Republic such as Information Security, Vendor Management, Information Services, Internal Audit, Compliance, and BSA/AML, to ensure that sound risk, regulatory compliance, and internal audit processes are in place and maintained in order to manage the accuracy and effectiveness of the Bank’s deposits operational processes.
- Provide support and direction to Deposit Services management and product teams regarding the analysis and resolution of Risk Management issues.
- Work with, and at the direction of, the Head of Deposit Services Risk Management, in responding to information requests from both external sources such as the FDIC, as well as bank-internal departments such as Information Security, Compliance, BSA/AML, ERM and Internal Audit. In particular, provide primary support to the department in responding to audit-related requests.
- Assist Deposit Services managers and functional groups in identifying and addressing control deficiencies that surface as a result of an exposure identified during an investigation, or control issues resulting from risk assessments, internal audits or regulatory reviews.
- Work with Deposit Services Managers to maintain documentation illustrating the control environment surrounding products and services, such as authentication and access controls, fraud detection and prevention, and Denial of Service mitigation.
- Participate and represent the department in periodic meetings related to areas such as Information Security, Enterprise Risk Management, and BSA/AML
- Assist the Head of Deposit Services Risk Management in building and maintaining risk and control self-assessments and all supporting documentation (e.g., process flows, key risk indicators, control evidence, etc.) for all key processes, initiatives, etc. and managing control deficiency remediation
- Assist in managing the centralized Risk Management repository of all key risk documentation and support (e.g., SharePoint, shared drive, etc.)
- Create accurate and timely reporting of key metrics and emerging risks from the business unit view such as ongoing reports on service levels and availability for mission-critical vendors/applications.
- Assist with the department’s Issue Management program, ensuring the outstanding items are resolved in a timely and effective manner
- Assist with the Deposit Services 1st Line Control Validation program working to identify key controls within the department’s processes, perform reviews to validate the effectiveness & design of these controls and implement new controls to mitigate risks.
- Create department specific policies, procedures and templates to support the Risk Management program
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
- 1 to 5 years of financial services industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in risk assessment work preferred
- Experience with process mapping, including Microsoft Visio, is strongly preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills and the development of related materials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent data mining and reporting skills strongly preferred
- Ability to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Team player that is adaptable, flexible and able to build relationships across departments
- Bachelors degree required
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations.
First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.