Associate, PWM Deposit Business Enablement & Strategy
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate is responsible for maintaining and improving the current reporting structure, creating new reporting to help drive department business decisions, helping to create new marketing materials to expand the core business, and for providing day to day operational support with management oversight.
The Associate role will also focus on deposit related promotion tracking and the documenting and tracking of other deposit related metrics as well as completing ad-hoc projects that contribute to the growth of PWM Deposits. This position will offer an excellent opportunity for individuals to help provide new insights in developing incentive programs and improving all reporting efficiencies.
The desired candidate must demonstrate strong excel skills, relationship management skills, and reporting/billing experience.
What you’ll do as an Associate, PWM Deposits:
- Correspond with new and existing producers and Senior Management on deposit questions and related inquiries.
- Review issues that arise from PWM teams or their clients that relate to deposits or deposit related compensation. Work with manager to assess the priority of the issues and agree on path to resolution.
- Maintain PWM deposit data by merging and synthesizing relevant data from multiple databases and streamline methods of accessing and reporting data.
- Audit data regularly. Recognize and investigate data inconsistencies, providing explanation and potential solutions to maintain data integrity.
- Act as co-owner of recurring deposit reports including weekly reports to Senior Executive team members and periodic reporting to PWM producers.
- Manage Relationship Credit Program reporting and tracking. Help educate producers on the program, track enrollment and exceptions, calculate and process the fee credits, and assist with scaling of the program.
- Create and disseminate new reporting to increase visibility and trust between Private Wealth Management and Bankers to encourage cross-selling and more effective targeting of clients.
- Assist with marketing and ad-hoc projects.
- Manage PWM Deposits and Relationship Credit email inboxes. Responsible for assisting in the monitoring and responding of all incoming messages.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities or as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 2-3 years of financial services related experience; BS/BA degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to effectively interact with senior management, producers, and colleagues
- Must have strong reporting and Excel skills
- Analytical and data analysis experience a must
- Excellent organizational, communication (both verbal and written), and client relationship management skills (whether interaction is in person, over the telephone or via email)
- Excellent skills using personal computers in a Windows-based environment (including Microsoft 365)
- Excellent attention to detail and high degree of accuracy and consistency
- Knowledge of Netx360, APX or custody system a plus
- Experience in operations and billing a plus
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.