Associate, Strategy & Administration
At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking, and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate, Strategy & Administration is responsible for assisting the Senior Director, Strategy & Administration, with the coordination and execution of regional initiatives. The Associate will also support the Senior Director with space planning for the region and will provide administrative duties as required. This person will also work closely with the Regional Managing Director and Deputy Regional Managing Director.
What you will do as an Associate, Strategy & Administration:
- Support the Senior Director, Strategy & Administration in space planning for the region. Work in partnership with Facilities and Information Services to coordinate & execute new hire seating and moves. This may include also liaising with vendors and service providers.
- Work closely with NY Leadership team to coordinate & execute special projects and business initiatives. This may include preparing emails, PowerPoint presentations, reports and other documents for internal and external distribution.
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Strategy & Administration to coordinate learning and development opportunities for the region and within the department.
- Work in partnership with Senior Director, Strategy & Administration and Executive Assistants to organize and execute team building activities for the region.
- Provide administrative support as needed to Senior Director, Strategy & Administration, Regional Managing Director and Deputy Regional Managing Director. This may include coordinating meetings, preparing agendas and other materials, arranging communications logistics and taking meeting minutes.
- Provide input and suggestions for process improvements.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by manager.
What skills and experience are required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2 to 3 years of experience in the financial services industry
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- The skill to confidently and professionally communicate with all levels of staff, including executive management
- The ability to work efficiently and accurately, with a keen eye for detail, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain absolute discretion
- Ability to implement programs / projects for the department
- Ability to see the bigger picture with an eye for process improvement
- Must be able to analyze data reports and manuals; computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via email, telephone and in person.
- Position will require commuting to various offices in the NY region.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.
Estimated pay range in New York, NY
Exact compensation may vary based on factors permitted under applicable law
$36.06/hr - $45.67/hr