Associate Director, ServiceOne Operations Specialist
Duties and Responsibilities
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals within First Republic Investment Management (FRIM), First Republic Securities Company (FRSC), First Republic Trust Company (FRTC), and Foreign Exchange. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
A ServiceOne Operations Specialist is a key member of the Private Wealth Management (PWM) organization. The role will engage with most aspects of PWM and is required to have a foundational understanding of First Republic products and services to deliver holistic operational support to Wealth Manager teams and clients. Individuals are expected to effectively direct service and change management efforts, oversee individual and team employee relations, and drive strategic initiatives.
What you'll do as the ServiceOne Operations Specialist:
- Oversee and perform the Supervisory review and approval for client onboarding and lifecycle maintenance requests (new account opening, account maintenance, money movements, security transfers, etc.) in compliance with internal and regulatory policy
- Manage and provide advisory support for complex client support escalations in partnership with Wealth Manager teams to cultivate a culture of operational excellence while mitigating risk
- Evaluate processing rejection reports (KYC, account opening, maintenance, transfers, etc.) to identify workflow and training opportunities, emerging trends, and propose solutions to address issues
- Develop and maintain training materials, drive live training sessions, and provide peer coaching to new and existing colleagues
- Partner with PWM Technology to identify and prioritize business requirements, execute change management strategies and training solutions, and escalate user experience and adoption concerns where applicable
- Extensive knowledge of industry and regulatory environment
- Possess the ability to work autonomously without direct daily supervision, exercising authority and judgment as well as independent decision-making capabilities
- Manage projects, assign and delegate administrative tasks to junior team members and act as a subject matter expert for the team
- Identify, escalate, and provide solutions to mitigate and manage enterprise risk, improve operating efficiencies, and harmonize workflows and expectations across the firm
- Identify and lead remediation initiatives and offer solutions to minimize recurring cleanups
- Perform duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by the Department Manager
- Additional responsibilities for this role include: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance or related field, or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications required
- FINRA SIE/Series 7, 66 or (63/65) licenses required
- FINRA 24 or (9/10) licenses required or the desire to obtain within 6 months of hire, and/or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related industry experience with exposure to wealth management operations required
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
Base salary range
$83,600 - $120,000 annually
Salary may vary depending on job-related factors including, but not limited to, skills and experience. Full-time employees may be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes: medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off and a Wellness Program. Annual bonus, incentive pay and/or equity may also apply depending upon the role.