Associate Wealth Manager
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Associate Wealth Manager
The primary function of the Associate Wealth Manager (AWM) is to support the Wealth Manager they are working with across all aspects of their investment management practice including but not limited to business development, client service and retention, relationship management, and operational support. Based upon the long-term vision held by the Wealth Manager who has agreed to partner with the AWM and the individual practice, the specific daily responsibilities could vary from team to team.
Common across all AWMs is the expectation that over a three year time period, the AWM will participate in First Republic’s Associate Wealth Manager Training program and gain all the necessary skills to become a Wealth Manager at the end of the program, including earning either a CFA or a CFP certification. This entails developing the ability to work with clients to prospect new business, help maintain and grow existing business, and how to work with clients to manage their assets according to that client’s financial goals.
What you’ll do as an Associate Wealth Manager:
- Prospecting for new business opportunities in order to grow the overall practice
- Participate in the investment management process across the client base
- Conduct financial analysis and financial planning
- Provide sales and service support (i.e. create, review and distribute various client reports and presentations)
- Assist in the review process for existing clients
- Help manage existing relationships to provide additional capacity to other team members
- Collaborate with other areas of First Republic (e.g., operations, banking, etc.)
- Earn securities licenses and financial skill certifications (i.e., CFA or CFP) if not already held
What skills you will use:
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- Collaboration and team dynamics
- Interpersonal relationship building and dynamics
- Financial analysis
- Organization and prioritization
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.