New York< NY
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Eagle Lending is responsible for student loan refinancing, professional loan programs, home equity lines of credit and small business loans. We provide high-touch service and customized products designed around our client’s needs. From refinancing your student loan debt to buying your first home, our team is leading the way for innovation at First Republic.
Duties and Responsibilities
An encouraging culture that invests in you
As an Associate with Eagle Lending, you’ll have the opportunity to build a career in financial services, work with clients to help them achieve their financial goals and learn more about business development and credit. You’ll support our Account Executives (AEs) as they develop their clients’ plans using our suite of lending products. Your responsibilities will include monitoring new and existing loans in the pipeline, advising on additional lending opportunities, creating reports, and ensuring that loan packages are complete for underwriting. This is a highly collaborative and cross-functional role, and you will interact with many different levels and departments across the Bank. We’ll provide you with the guidance, encouragement and training you need to help you be successful in this position.
What you’ll do as an Associate:
- Provide support for AEs and their books of clients by helping families, individuals and businesses plan their financial futures and meet their financial goals through the Bank’s deposit services, lending products, and wealth management products and services.
- Discuss individuals’ financial concerns and needs and explain how our suite of products and services can present potential solutions.
- Assist in managing AEs’ pipeline of client transactions in process, vet and complete the initial analysis of new applicants, and respond to ad hoc client requests.
- Assist the Directors with the relationship management and cross-selling of Professional Loan Program clients.
- Create and maintain client interaction reports.
- Develop your professional skills and knowledge.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- One to two years of experience in banking, finance or a related business field
- A bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience with or understanding of credit/lending (preferred)
- Prior customer service or sales experience (preferred)
- Strong communication, decision-making and interpersonal skills
- A high-energy, team-first attitude and motivation to work hard in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills and attention to detail
- The ability to communicate concisely and to credibly and compellingly present and discuss recommendations to borrowers
- Self-motivation and self-discipline, with the ability to work effectively with little supervision
- The ability to build relationships with a variety of different professionals and be flexible in approach and style
- A passion for extraordinary service
Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us. We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.