Business Operations Manager
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Eagle Lending is responsible for student loan refinancing, professional loan programs, home equity lines of credit and small business loans. We provide high-touch service and customized products designed around our client’s needs. From refinancing your student loan debt to buying your first home, our team is leading the way for innovation at First Republic.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Business Operations Manager role is a highly visible role within Eagle Lending, First Republic’s fastest-growing business unit, which is focused on bringing in the next generation of clients to the Bank. You will be joining the Strategy & Business Operations team, and in this role you will own a range of operational projects, and support your teammates in others. You will partner with cross-functional stakeholders across Sales, Analytics, Marketing, Credit, Risk, and Technology to help drive projects and process improvements, and provide extraordinary service to our clients. The ideal candidate has strong attention to detail, and is a clear and confident communicator who is comfortable collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders to achieve an exceptional outcome.
What you'll do as a Business Operations Manager:
- Manage operations projects from idea to execution, and in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders
- Conduct analyses of our operations and operational performance to identify pain points, problems, and opportunities for improvement
- Implement new operations processes and technology features that will help the business scale efficiently
- Communicate insights and recommendations clearly both verbally and in writing, including to an executive audience
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the business to ensure it is operating as successfully as possible, stepping in to help drive improvements as needed
You could be a great fit if you have:
- - 3-5 years of work experience in operations, management consulting, or product, at a consumer-facing company
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on accuracy and precision
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent work experience
- An emerging leader who enjoys developing and implementing process or operational improvements, and measuring results
- Concise communication with the ability to credibly and compellingly present and discuss recommendations
- A self-starter who is independently capable of seeking information, solving problems, operating in ambiguity, and delivering results
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable working with large datasets
- High-energy, team-first attitude with motivation to work hard in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- A team player who works collaboratively and effectively across a diverse set of functions, backgrounds, and working styles
- A top performer who can corral a group to execute on an initiative while rolling up their own sleeves
- Excited about First Republic and driving growth to meet clients’ financial goals
Example Initiatives You Would Own:
- Operational design and implementation for a new client referral program
- Drive operational improvements to our automated deposit balance monitoring system
- Identify opportunities for operational and process enhancements across Eagle Lending, and execute on them
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.