Client Cybersecurity Specialist
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here. This is a hybrid position.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Duties and Responsibilities
The Client Cybersecurity Specialist will be primarily responsible for conducting online security assessments and performing client cybersecurity analysis and documentation. The Client Cybersecurity Specialist will schedule and visit First Republic clients to perform these online security assessments and will provide immediate feedback to the client with recommendations, if any, for improving the security posture of the target computing environment and client. The Client Cybersecurity Specialist will report to the VP of Cybersecurity Training and Development, and work with the Client Cybersecurity Representatives, daily, to ensure all services are being provided to First Republic clients and prospects, as intended. In addition, this individual will also partner with the various Information Security, Office of the General Counsel, Marketing and Client Servicing teams to handle client cybersecurity inquiries or concerns.
The position will also work closely with client-facing colleague groups including business banking, relationship management, preferred banking and wealth management, and First Republic prospects and clients.
What you'll be doing as a Client Cybersecurity Specialist:
- Provides desktop, laptop, and mobile device security assessments: manages schedule, and must be punctual, to ensure that users receive high-quality assessments in a timely manner. Will review OS level security settings (e.g., firewall settings, antivirus settings, patch, and OS update settings), application security settings (e.g., Browser based security settings, e-mail client settings), network security settings (e.g., wireless network configuration), and other device-level security settings.
- Reports findings from online security assessment engagements: Prioritizes and clearly documents findings and recommended changes. Reports information to clients and internal teams.
- Stays current on cybersecurity trends, especially in the financial industry, and adjusts the assessments and sessions accordingly to reflect the trends more relevant to the stakeholder. Stays current on wireless network technologies, encryption methodologies and cloud security . Continually reviews latest hacking and online scam techniques and provides recommendations to the services and assessments accordingly.
- Provides online security awareness / best practices training to client-facing colleagues and clients. Provides instruction on desktop, laptop, and mobile device best practices. Advises on current security incident trends and effective methods of counteracting (e.g., phishing attempts, untrusted web sites).
- Performs and documents the analysis of the other client cybersecurity services. Perform timely and accurate write-ups alongside Client Cybersecurity Representatives. Attend prospect and client meetings and webinars to provide support to the Client Cybersecurity Representative, prospects, or clients.
- Shadows and supports Information Security team members to learn about and execute on other employee information security services. Attends and participates in internal meetings and presentations.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional client-interaction experience. Professional Information Security experience is preferred.
- Must have long-term interest in the information security and cybersecurity spaces.
- A professional security certification, or path to receive certification(s), is preferred and will be required after one year. Examples include: CISSP, CISA, GCTI, GISF, Security+/Network+.
- Provides extraordinary service and has a client-centric mindset.
- Invests in relationships and desires to build a strong network of relationships.
- Must be a good verbal and written communicator and have strong presentation skills.
- Can take a complex security topic and make it easily understandable.
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Getting things done type of attitude.
- Furthers the First Republic culture and values.
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Willing to travel to various client appointments and meetings, as needed.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.