Client Relations Manager - Mortgage Origination (Hybrid)
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Relationship Management Team Support, we document, process and underwrite both residential and commercial loans. We provide exceptional client service to internal and external partners. We support our Relationship Managers in all aspects of the loan process to ensure that we are delivering a seamless lending experience to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
As a Client Relations Manager, you’ll assist the Relationship Manager with a variety of credit, business development/marketing and client management tasks. You’ll have the opportunity to be a liaison to cultivate and deepen existing and new client relationships in the professional services with a focus on early and growth stage startups, founders, VC/PE.
What you’ll do as a Client Relationship Manager:
Support the loan process:
- Apply knowledge of First Republic’s mortgage products, practices and tools while providing credit underwriting support to the Relationship Manager
- Underwrite credit proposals and analyze personal financial statements, tax returns and credit reports with a high appreciation for attention to detail. Develop knowledge that will allow effective basic underwriting skills for high net worth individuals who are synergistic to our business model
- Identify usual risks and mitigate common factors which could impact the Applicant's loan repayment ability. Utilize key loan underwriting tools and techniques to access Applicants' eligibility
- Understand the necessity and value of accuracy and regulatory compliance. Accurately gauge the impact and cost of errors, omissions, and oversights. Utilize specific approaches and tools for checking and cross-checking outputs.
- Take personal ownership of assignments and activities, pro-actively communicating decisions and results to internal partners. Deliver quality work and solutions within accepted service level agreement / deadlines
- Value the importance of teamwork with ability to work cooperatively towards shared goals. Actively participate in team meetings by sharing information, knowledge, and experiences openly.
- Demonstrate open, friendly, accepting, and supportive behaviors with peers and colleagues.
Assist with Marketing & Sales Efforts:
- Assist with the management of the Relationship Manager’s client portfolio
- Develop strong relationships with key clients and stakeholders
- Analyze and manage internal and external data sources to identify top clients and prospects, potential cross-sell opportunities
- Facilitate new client onboarding journey though client service
- Help support client engagement and outreach
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Initiative to provide extraordinary service and further the First Republic Bank culture and values
- Ability to prioritize tasks with effective time management in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a team environment and comfortable working independently
- Analytical and comfortable making data-informed decisions
- Candidate should have a strong interest in the start-up, innovation & tech community with a desire to understand market dynamics and trends
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word / MS Outlook / MS PowerPoint/ MS Excel
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.