Client Relations Manager
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Relationship Management Team Support, we document, process and underwrite both residential and commercial loans. We provide exceptional client service to internal and external partners. We support our Relationship Managers in all aspects of the loan process to ensure that we are delivering a seamless lending experience to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position that we seek to fill is responsible for assisting and reporting to the Deputy Regional Manager with day to day-to-day activities that include a variety of analytical, administrative and client oriented tasks. The position represents a liaison between the Relationship Management Team and Private Banking Officers, lending personnel and clients.
The ideal candidate will be able to assist in research, a basic understanding of financial services, attention to detail, the ability to work under tight deadlines and the ability to work within the team dynamic. Additional activities pertaining to the client outreach engagement may include, events planning/client follow-up, as well as financial tracking of client development and market trending for demand generation insight.
What you’ll do as a Client Relations Manager:
- Build relationships with and learn from DRM, CRM and supporting teammates who help make First Republic one of the most highly respected Banks in the Country.
- Attain foundational skill-sets to begin a career in the financial industry: Three examples are the following (1) Initial visibility into underwriting facilities, which entails application of a finance, accounting or economics degree to verify a client’s ability to qualify for financing; (2) Observing how teammates handle client relationship management, or sustaining professional connections with First Republic’s borrowers by utilizing both written and verbal skills; and (3) Problem-solving and effective communication, that is, analyzing an issue and articulating it via email with respective team members to resolve.
- Assist in supporting the team in closing new deals
- Maintain existing loans and keep borrowers up-to-date; assist with client queries and loan servicing matters related to interest charges, account statements and compliance items.
- Role model First Republic’s fast-paced and inclusive culture with timely responses to requests, collaboration with the team and intentions to add value to the brand.
- Assist with financial reporting covenant monitoring which includes scanning/saving financial information, loading files into OnBase, organizing files on the local shared drives.
- Assist with research/audit requests by locating and reporting files and other financial information.
- Occasionally joining Team at offsite events, client calls and property inspections.
- Assist with championing Google searches and other research which will be utilized in arriving at Start up and Tech prospect opportunities.
- Identifying events with which to partner and then managing and executing these events
- Acting as the liaison with Marketing Department and assist the team with maintaining invitation lists for client events, preparing mailers to clients/prospects, identifying and matching client groups with various marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Assist the team on ad hoc projects related to process improvement, technological advancements and ongoing sales support.
- Assist with the monitoring of the loan maturity and loan delinquency reports and alerting DRM and team of upcoming maturities
- Develop the ability to eventually spread business financial statements, personal financial statements, and individual tax returns.
- Local Manager may require additional duties unique to a Team’s Geography, industry niche and other responsibilities which best utilize the candidate’s skill sets.
- Participate in the development of department policies and/or procedures and assist with client specific projects as assigned.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) Adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) Adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) Completing required training, 4) Identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) Knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
What skills you will use:
The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel for business
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.