Client Service Associate
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
As a Client Service Associate, you’ll serve as the first point of contact for clients or prospects. You’ll be called upon to provide a wide range of sales, service, administrative and relationship management support to assigned wealth advisors and investment professionals across our teams.
What you’ll do as a Client Service Associate:
- Oversee client interaction, participate in client meetings, manage communication through telephone and email, prepare presentations for clients, process transactions and provide product and marketing support.
- Research and respond to inquiries for our high net worth clients; escalate issues as appropriate.
- Act as the liaison between the investment professional and client and the Private Wealth Management middle office functions, such as client services, trading, portfolio management, billing and fee support, performance and trust.
- Handle administrative tasks, assist with phone calls to prospects and clients, manage meeting logistics, submit business expense requests, schedule appointments and distribute mail.
- Place equity, mutual fund and fixed income trades for brokerage clients; as necessary, utilize custodial websites, CRM client database and APX portfolio management system.
- Assist with completion and transmission of transaction documents and communicate with operations/billing/internal departments/First Republic Securities Company and other custodians regarding transaction-processing follow-up.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- At least two to three years of administrative experience, with a bachelor’s degree preferred
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills to interface with clients, prospects, custodians and colleagues
- Considerable tact and discretion when dealing with clients and sensitive data
- The ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-paced, sales-oriented environment; proven ability to handle pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and high degree of accuracy and consistency
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, APX or custody system a plus
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.