Client Service Associate
Client Service Associate
San Francisco, CA
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary function of the Client Service Associate is to provide a wide range of sales, service, administrative and relationship management support to assigned wealth advisors and investment professionals across Registered Investment (RIA), Broker-Dealer and Trust or team of same and to be the first point of contact for clients or prospects.
Acting as the liaison between the investment professional/client and the PWM middle office functions/operations (i.e., client services, trading, portfolio management, billing and fee support, performance and trust), this position requires strong relationship management skills in order to build strong, successful partnerships between all parties.
What you will do as a Client Service Associate:
- Provide sales and service support (i.e., create, review and distribute various client reports and presentations or assist with client events); may be for current clients or prospects.
- Research and respond to client inquiries and/or problems of high net worth clients, including account change requests; escalate issues as appropriate.
- Assist with phone calls to prospects and clients, schedule all client-related appointments, coordinate client mailings/invitations to company events.
- Provide general administrative support such as managing logistics and refreshments for meetings, answering incoming telephone calls, managing incoming emails/faxes, filing, submitting business expense requests, schedule appointments and distributing mail.
- Place equity, mutual fund and fixed income trades for brokerage clients, process money market movements or account maintenance at custodian and in CRM system. As necessary, utilize custodial websites, CRM client database and APX portfolio management system. Produce reports upon request.
- Create and maintain client files in CRM and other systems or hard-copies (then pass on to Operations team).
- Assist with completion and transmission of transaction documents including: preparing transaction documents, reviewing completed/signed transaction documents to ensure compliance and accuracy, establishing and maintaining file folders, maintaining document copies, processing investment/bank transactions, and communicating with operations/billing/internal departments/First Republic Securities Company and other custodians with regard to transaction processing follow-up
- Client interaction: act as conduit between client and PWM operations, create business plans geared toward client growth, build relationships with clients, initiate daily contact with clients and make frequent office visits, introduce technology and services to client as appropriate, cross sell PWM’s products, services and/or technology, monitor client investing and understand their rationale or intentions/goals.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities or as assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in the development of department policies and/or procedures and assist with client specific projects as assigned.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
What skills you will use:
- At least 1 year of related experience
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance or related field, or equivalent experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interface with clients, prospects, custodians and colleagues
- Excellent customer service skills
- Use of considerable tact and discretion when dealing with client or sensitive data
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational, communication (both verbal and written), and client relationship management skills (whether interaction is in person, over the telephone or via email)
- Exceptional problem solving proficiency
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced sales oriented environment (maybe demanding or unstructured work environment)
- Proven ability to handle pressure, multi-task and prioritize work at all times
- Outstanding skills using personal computers in a Windows-based environment (including Microsoft Office Suite)
- Excellent attention to detail and high degree of accuracy and consistency
- Series 7 and 63 licenses preferred, Series 65 or 66 licenses may be required
- Working knowledge of securities industry, broad understanding of capital markets, their practices on how products trade, settled and are invested
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, APX or custody system a plus
Understand the Bank’s structure and identify opportunities to utilize Bank resources to meet client’s needs
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.