Client Service Specialist (Hybrid)
Client Service Specialist - Contingent
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Relationship Management Team Support, we document, process and underwrite both residential and commercial loans. We provide exceptional client service to internal and external partners. We support our Relationship Managers in all aspects of the loan process to ensure that we are delivering a seamless lending experience to our clients.
See service from a higher perspective.
The primary function of the Client Service Specialist is to provide a wide range of sales, service, administrative and relationship management support to assigned Relationship Managers. Acting as the liaison between the clients, Relationship Managers and the Operations team this position requires strong relationship management skills in order to build strong, successful partnerships between all parties. Client Service Specialist will support high producing Originator(s) in the preparation, review and processing of complex loans. This position also involves submitting files, requesting loan conditions, as well as communicating with clients and realtors. Handles customer inquiries, researches, and ensures appropriate and timely resolution while meeting all regulatory compliance and achieving a high level of customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides support to our Relationship Managers as well as building a relationship with the borrower.
- Communicates with Relationship Managers on pipeline reports to ensure timely preparation of the loan process.
- Assists with collection of application items, including ordering credit, entering the application, requesting financials and/or other documents required for loan approval, customer follow up, and application tracking.
- Directs customers through the loan process, often working with complex loans.
- Monitors loans and ensures that information including, financials, guarantor information, tax returns, etc. are obtained. Partners with Relationship Manager to discuss past due items. Contacts clients to request missing items.
- Leads a variety of customer services activities including responding to requests, researching discrepancies, and resolving issues.
- Ensures compliance with banking policies, lending practices and regulatory process statutes, such as Patriot's Act, Reg B, HMDA, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of banking/Lending products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served.
- Acts as a main point of contact on daily operational questions for processing team.
- Assists in training of new lending assistant staff and mentoring of existing lending assistant staff. Acts as a main point of contact on daily operational questions for lending assistant team.
- Assists with additional duties as assigned.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- Experience with many types of client tax returns, understanding W-2, K-1 and various types of cash flow analysis.
- Review received documentation within 24 hours for discrepancies, omissions, asset and income verification and updates based on verified information
- Attend any and all branch/team meetings as requested.
- Provide sales and service support (i.e., create, review and distribute various client reports and presentations or assist with client events); may be for current clients or prospects.
- Research and respond to client inquiries and/or problems of high net worth clients, including account change requests; escalate issues as appropriate.
- Assist with phone calls to prospects and clients, schedule all client-related appointments, and coordinate client mailings/invitations to company events
- Provide general administrative support such as managing logistics and refreshments for meetings, answering incoming telephone calls, managing incoming emails/faxes, filing, submitting business expense requests, schedule appointments and distributing mail.
What skills you will use:
- Prefer a minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a loan partner/loan officer assistant or processor with hands on knowledge of loan products and guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in lending techniques and practices, loan documentation, compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to the banking industry and lending products and services
- Sound judgment and autonomous decision making ability
- Ability to effectively communicate with prospective customers and existing customers and banking associates
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, dependable and self-motivated.
- Available to work varying hours and overtime as needed
- Must become state-licensed through the NMLS
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills with ability to effectively manage the expectations of multiple internal/external constituents.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to quickly understand complex problems and recommend solutions.
- Effective written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Additional work experience with an emphasis on customer service preferred.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.