Cloud Security Engineer - Hybrid
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here. This is a hybrid position.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Information Security supports the business’ objectives by implementing state of the art cybersecurity technologies and practices so that we are well-prepared to protect Company’s systems and data from cyber-attacks and other unplanned disruptions. This is a hybrid position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Discover the independence to grow and drive change.
The Cloud Security Engineer provides security oversight to First Republic Bank’s cloud computing environment.
Oversight is achieved by ensuring appropriate security controls are deployed and operational throughout the cloud environment in compliance with company policy and standards.
What you'll be doing as Cloud Security Engineer:
- Responsible for identifying, defining and documenting appropriate security controls for the bank’s cloud applications.
- Responsible for engineering cloud security solutions to include Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM) system, vulnerability scanning, web application testing, network monitoring, and Database Activity Monitoring.
- Responsible for identifying, defining, documenting, prioritizing and building security control use cases across the cloud landscape.
- Responsible for ensuring policies, standards and other supporting documentation such as CAT controls appropriately reflect the bank’s cloud applications.
- Responsible for disseminating and reporting data to other teams as appropriate
- Project Consulting: Provide security consulting services, as needed, to various projects. Provide input and guidance to the Information Security Architect in the design of security solutions.
- Provide assistance to the Network Security team in the engineering of cloud security controls.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Well versed in working with NIST security framework and Cybersecurity Assessment Tool (CAT) from FFIEC
- Understanding of controls (e.g. access control, auditing, authentication, encryption, integrity, physical security, and application security).
- Technical cloud and security certifications highly desirable (e.g. CCSP, CCA, CCP, AWS, Azure, CCSK, CISA, CISSP, GCIH)
- Expert communicator.
- Must be well versed in Windows environments, Active Directory, VPN systems, encryption schemas and algorithms, various authorization and authentication mechanisms/software, network monitoring and sniffing, TCP/IP networks and vulnerability and threat management tools (including network-based scanners).
- Beneficial if experienced in Database Activity Monitoring Systems (DAM), and Web Application Firewalls (WAF).
- Ability to provide quality deliverables on time and on budget.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.