Commercial Appraisal Reviewer
Commercial Appraisal Reviewer
Century City or San Francisco
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
As a Commercial Appraisal Reviewer, you’ll have the opportunity to review, analyze and render risk-based decisions for acceptance of appraisal valuations in support of the Bank’s real estate lending operations. In this position, client service, discretion and judgment are key factors used to make decisions about the collateral for real estate loans. As a senior member of the team, you’ll lead others and share your expertise with your teammates. You will be responsible for helping to maintain the Bank’s safety and soundness and will have a direct and important effect on operations. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career and contribute to a growing business unit that has a direct impact on the Bank’s performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as a Commercial Appraisal Reviewer:
- Perform detailed technical and compliance reviews on commercial real estate appraisals.
- Ensure that valuations are reasonably supported, credible and compliant with federal and state regulations; the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice; the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery, and Enforcement Act of 1989; bank policies and guidelines; and industry standards.
- Communicate with appraisers regarding any report corrections and/or revisions.
- Evaluate the quality of appraisers’ work and provide feedback for the maintenance of the Bank’s appraisal panel.
- Engage in regular communications and serve as an advisor to Relationship Managers and the Executive Loan Committee on appraisal topics in the Bank’s core markets.
- Provide support to all areas of real estate lending as needed, demonstrating superior client service to appraisers and employees.
- Attend ongoing training on real estate appraisal and real estate appraisal reviews.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- A Certified General Appraiser license
- Familiarity with commercial real estate appraisal terminology, the appropriate application of appraisal valuation techniques, appraisal methodology and appraisal theory
- Knowledge of commercial mortgage operations
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook
- The ability to review and analyze data reports and manuals
- Attention to detail for the identification of errors and omissions
- The ability to manage difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
- The skill to successfully prioritize projects of varying complexities, track the progress of these projects, demonstrate strong organizational skills and complete work on time
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.