Commercial Closing Business Administrator
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Lending Services, we document, fund, and service all loans for First Republic. We’re also responsible for servicing investor and collateral loan portfolios, as well as responding to client and loan team inquiries. Lending Services provides operational support in streamlining workflow processes, driving product development, and providing training, lending compliance support, and professional development resources. Additionally, we provide operational risk and internal control oversight, support lending-based systems and vendors, and manage technology projects across First Republic product lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
Lending Services is looking for a skilled lending professional to join our Commercial Loan Closing team. As a Commercial Closing Business Administrator, you will assist the Bank’s loan teams in originating each commercial loan by ensuring that the loan is documentable and serviceable by the Bank, creating loan files, performing due diligence by obtaining all required client information to support the loan transaction, and consistently updating the commercial loan origination database. You will also review, perform the necessary due diligence on, and capture information to accurately generate and analyze loan and real estate documentation as well as fund and board the loans to the Bank’s accounting system.
What you’ll do as a Commercial Closing Business Administrator:
- Assist Business Bankers and Credit Analysts with managing their workflow, questions regarding products, functionality, etc., providing options and escalating issues when appropriate.
- Determine internal vs. external loan documents processing path for each loan documentation package. Accurately generate all required loan documentation within the expected service level. This includes working with third parties such as title companies, legal counsel, etc.
- Validate the full and proper execution of loan documentation, close and fund the loans.
- Generate and obtain documentation related to the collateral and file all appropriate liens/holds, etc. to secure collateral.
- Ensure complete and accurate imaged files are maintained in the enterprise document management system, OnBase for records management.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities or as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.); 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures; 3) completing required training; 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer; and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must possess 2 or more years of experience in commercial lending.
- Must possess knowledge of complex borrowing entity structures, commercial loan products and collateral types with implications for loan processing and servicing.
- Experience with syndicated and participated loan transactions is strongly preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of LaserPro, HotDocs or similar loan documentation systems.
- Knowledge of OnBase, CLO and/or AFS preferred.
- Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess strong analytical, process, and people skills.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to work proactively and operate accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with variable deadlines.
- Must possess demonstrated organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to provide extraordinary service and have fun!
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.