Commercial Real Estate Loan Analyst
Commercial Real Estate Loan Analyst
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Relationship Management Team Support, we document, process and underwrite both residential and commercial loans. We provide exceptional client service to internal and external partners. We support our Relationship Managers in all aspects of the loan process to ensure that we are delivering a seamless lending experience to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for ensuring that all multi-family and commercial real estate loans are analyzed, underwritten, and processed in a timely manner while achieving a high level of customer service. Responsibilities primarily focus on underwriting commercial real estate loans but may include analysis of other loan types including but not limited to unsecured lines, stock secured loans, and complex residential loans.
What you’ll do as a Commercial Real Estate Loan Analyst:
- Write loan narratives which include the analysis of both client financials and a variety of income property including but not limited to multi-family, commercial, mixed-use, and industrial properties.
- Analyze and summarize appraisals, rent rolls, leases, and historical property cash flows to evaluate operating performance, trends, and risks.
- Analyze and spread personal and business tax returns, financial statements, and real estate schedules; determine liquidity positions, calculate financial ratios and identify recurring and non-recurring sources of cash flow and client ability to service debt
- Review loan files for completeness, identify missing documentation, and generate needs list for clients and RMs
- Communicate directly with clients to obtain missing financial information and answer questions related to deals.
- Manage constant deal flow and prioritize to ensure loans close on time with high degree of accuracy in a deadline-oriented environment
- Identify and report to RMs any risks related to loan collateral and/or client financial state.
- Present deals to the ELC for approval
- Collaborate with RMs, ELC, and clients to help determine loan structure, loan amounts, and products
- Work positively and proactively with all members of the team
- Cross train other team members, when applicable.
- Assist Loan Monitoring Group with collecting any financial information needed for analysis
- Work on special projects for RMs as needed
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned by supervisor.
- Adhering to, and complying with, the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (AML)
- (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US Patriot Act, etc.)
- Adhering to Bank policies and procedures
- Completing required training
- Identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, verifying the identity of any customers that enter into a relationship with the Bank.
What skills you will use:
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Extensive work experience in underwriting multi-family and commercial real estate loans
- Advanced Excel and Word skills
- Advanced analytical skills, especially related to underwriting real estate and financial data
- Commercial appraisal analysis skills preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced/deadline oriented environment
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Detail Oriented
- Proactive, positive, and open-minded attitude
- Excellent customer service skills and willingness to communicate with clients
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent, to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations.
First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.