Consumer Services Technical Supervisor
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Customer Service team provides operational support to First Republic clients, both external and internal. We move quickly to serve our clients’ needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. As ambassadors of First Republic’s high standard of extraordinary service, we are key drivers of the long-term relationships we build with our colleagues and clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all client service efforts to provide superior client service relative to all facets of the bank’s retail banking relationships. Oversees operational and risk management, ensures compliance with bank policy and audit requirements, provides technical expertise on operational issues. Interfaces with management, team members and call center agents to resolve issues and unique requirements to service deposit relationships for Deposit Services. Must be able to anticipate and recognize projects or special duties impacting service level standards and adjust workflow to maintain standards.
What you’ll do as an Consumer Services Technical Supervisor:
- Provides leadership and direction to the Client Service staff in the Client Care Call Center.
- Responsible for troubleshooting service complaints and coordinating with various bank departments in the identification and resolution of operational problems and elevating these problems, as necessary, to avoid repeated issues.
- Interprets, applies, and enforces company and departmental policies, guidelines, and procedures across all operations activities.
- Enforces service level standards.
- Hires, trains, develops, motivates, and coaches quality client service personnel.
- Ensures compliance with operational policies and procedures to minimize risk exposure. Monitors and audits policy exceptions related to risk management issues. Communicates with management regarding the control and management of risk within a specific team or the department.
- Identifies situations impacting established quality service level standards to determine solutions in a timely manner. Keeps management informed if additional resources may be needed. Participates in internal and external meetings.
- Superior problem-solving skills and can resolve computer system or other technical problems in a timely manner.
- Supports Bank initiatives by participating in special projects as requested by department management, including user testing for new product roll out or product enhancements.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Typically requires 2 years banking and/or call center client service or equivalent experience.
- High level escalated call resolution experience.
- Strong client service background required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently, efficiently, and possess good organization and prioritization skills.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision and work well under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within strict time constraints in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and maintain composure while dealing with difficult clients.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Must be able to Analyze and troubleshoot internet systems, wide area, and local area networks.
- Ability to identify problems and advise on solutions using strong reasoning and analytical skills.
- Perform routine maintenance on networks to ensure proper operations, including file backups.
- Analyze and troubleshoot internet systems, wide area, and local area networks.
- Work with engineers on major issues.
- Strong technical understanding of product architecture and features, and the ability to explain them to a non-technical audience.
- Unique abilities and passions for problem-solving unraveling complex technical issues and creating an incredible user experience.
- Strong working knowledge of browser development tools and API troubleshooting experience.
- Assist users via phone, email, online chat or in-person site visits.
- Must have strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and a general understanding of Excel.
- Ability to navigate quickly within various computer programs.
- Ability to interface within the Call Center as well as Deposit Services in addition to other department business partners.
- Thorough knowledge of operational policies, procedures, and practices.
- A comprehensive understanding of all systems applications used in the Call Center.
- Ability to function in a PC windows environment.
- Ability to react and respond to critical demands of the department, prioritizing and performing multiple tasks on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.