Contingent Card Specialist I
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
As a Card Services Specialist I, you are responsible for providing extraordinary service to our internal and external clients. We are looking for a highly organized candidate who will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as a Card Services Specialist I:
- Responding to a high volume of calls servicing ATM/ Debit card inquires, maintenance and research using the card services system, Visa system and core banking system
- Meet internal/external service level standards of 5% or less abandoned call ratio and 30-second or less/average speed to answer call.
- Provides support to Preferred Banking Offices and Diebold technicians in response to ATMs, Cash Dispensing Units and refer Magtek Instant Issue card equipment faults to tech support.
- Ability to handle confidential information and has the judgement to escalate issues when appropriate.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Assist with preparing, reviewing or researching, ATM and Visa Debit card claims disputes in compliance with First Republic Bank’s policies and procedures and Visa and PIN network dispute resolution rules and regulations.
- Cross train in various functions within ATM & Card Services in order to support other department processes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Have a strong sense of urgency and superior client service skills
- Flexible and able to change direction quickly
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential information and has the judgement to escalate issues when appropriate
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in Customer Service
- Must have excellent communication and team building skills
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Suite/Excel
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.