Contingent Preferred Banking Client Services Banker
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Our team’s goal is to support our clients’ banking needs and develop long-term relationships through exceptional, personalized service. As the Bank’s deposit experts, we offer deposit solutions for our clients and their businesses through our high-touch service model.
Duties and Responsibilities
See service from a higher perspective.
As a Preferred Banking Client Services Banker, you’ll provide prompt, accurate and courteous responses to internal and external preferred banking client inquiries. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with team members to maximize customer service and resolve client issues. In this role, you’ll ask questions to develop an understanding of clients’ full banking needs and interact with other banking departments to ensure that these needs are met.
What you’ll do as a Contingent Preferred Banking Client Services Banker:
- Process client transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, book transfers, wire transfers, loan funding, advances and payments, and purchases and sales of foreign currency and foreign drafts; respond to any other banking needs and be able to balance within 30 minutes.
- Assist clients by phone, email and in person with transaction requests and account inquiries and work as a liaison with other departments to meet clients’ needs.
- Initiate courier service for pickup and delivery of customer deposits and documents as needed.
- Order checks, deposit slips and other deposit supplies from our check vendors.
- Work with other departments to assist in the processing of specialized transactions (for example, loan fees and special business banking capital calls).
- Navigate research resources and answer questions using our check image and Check 21 programs
- Develop an understanding of how to read our clients’ documentation using the OnBase program.
- Assist in audits of the department’s previous day’s new accounts and maintenance changes to ensure compliance with internal operating procedures.
- Work with internal departments to confirm and update client information and help expedite any research requests and/or refer them to the appropriate department to ensure timely responses.
- Issue cashier’s checks as requested.
- Process account closings as requested.
- Order ATM cards and process Instant Issue card requests as needed.
- Submit Travel Declaration forms and assist with ATM questions from clients. Work with the ATM Department to help expedite any issues, questions or concerns.
- Process stop payments and stop payment releases as requested.
- Process and respond to emails or inquiries from Online Banking, Call Center and other Deposit Services team members.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Accuracy and strong organizational and time management skills
- Versatility and the ability to be a team player
- Professionalism and a positive and responsive attitude
- A commitment to provide extraordinary service and further First Republic’s culture and values
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.