Contingent Residential Loan Servicing Generalist
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Lending Services, we document, fund, and service all loans for First Republic. We’re also responsible for servicing investor and collateral loan portfolios, as well as responding to client and loan team inquiries. Lending Services provides operational support in streamlining workflow processes, driving product development, and providing training, lending compliance support, and professional development resources. Additionally, we provide operational risk and internal control oversight, support lending-based systems and vendors, and manage technology projects across First Republic product lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
Lending Services is looking for a motivated lending professional to join our Residential Lending team. As a Contingent Residential Loan Servicing Generalist, you will have the exciting opportunity to develop your leadership skills by helping the department to realize strategic business goals through training and mentoring Residential Loan Servicing staff, as well as ensuring accurate loan maintenance. You will utilize your understanding of Residential Loan Servicing procedures and systems to update, reverse, and post payment advances as well as perform system maintenance of a complex nature.
What you will do as a Contingent Residential Loan Servicing Generalist:
- Research customer account(s), loan history, and make necessary adjustments for loan payments, reversals and file maintenance.
- Accurately and efficiently process financial and non-financial transactions and post to loan accounts.
- Perform loan payment calculations and adjustments.
- Work with internal business partners at various levels to research and translate account information.
- Perform duties that aid in the processing of loan servicing documents, ensuring transactions are completed within compliance and internal guidelines; this will include data entry, reviewing documents, tracking, filing, and payment research.
- Perform data analysis and assist with the generation of operational reports to meet ongoing business requirements.
- Review and update loan details and accurately create and update accounts as appropriate.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities or as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must possess 2-3 years of experience in Loan Operations or related lending experience.
- Must possess knowledge of residential loan processing/servicing systems such as OSI.
- Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with loan systems such as TotalPlus ML, and/or OnBase a plus.
- Must possess strong analytical, process, and people skills.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to work proactively and operate accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with variable deadlines.
- Must possess demonstrated organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to provide extraordinary service and have fun!
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.