Credit Analyst II
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Eagle Lending is responsible for personal lines of credit, professional loan programs, home equity lines of credit and small business loans. We provide high-touch service and customized products designed around our client’s needs. From refinancing your student loan debt to buying your first home, our team is leading the way for innovation at First Republic.
Duties and Responsibilities
An encouraging culture that invests in you
Eagle Lending is looking for an exceptional Credit Analyst II to support the underwriting needs of our Personal Line of Credit product. We're looking for a self-starter who is eager to leverage his/her underwriting experience to add value to our all-star Credit Analyst team. Based in San Francisco, this role will focus on processing, evaluating, and completing financial analysis on individual loan requests and will also help with monitoring and maintaining the overall credit quality of existing Eagle loan facilities.
What you'll do as a Credit Analyst II:
- Support the underwriting needs for Eagle Lending's Personal Line of Credit product by focusing on processing, evaluating, and completing financial analysis on individual loan requests ensuring turnaround time requirements are met. Verify accuracy and completeness of loan application file.
- Cultivate strong and positive working relationships with partners: Sales, Closing, Executive Loan Committee, Loan Servicing, Product etc.
- Effectively use Moody’s CreditLens or similar tool to spread tax returns and financial statements.
- Ensure quality credit and avert any potential signs of default throughout underwriting process and loan life cycle.
- Ongoing servicing of the portfolio, including loan modifications and projects with Special Assets and Credit & Risk
- Actively participate in continuous improvements by generating suggestions and participating in problem solving activities.
- Assist in underwriting additional consumer lending products as needed.
You could be a good fit if you have:
- One+ year underwriting experience.
- Experience with financial/credit analysis including reviewing financial statements, credit reports, tax returns and various income streams.
- BA/BS required or equivalent work experience.
- Flexibility to adapt and able to manage multiple assignments while working independently.
- Strong decision-making, interpersonal and communication skills; including the ability to clearly understand complex concepts.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, and attention to detail.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.