Credit Analyst Manager
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Eagle Lending is responsible for personal lines of credit, professional loan programs, home equity lines of credit and small business loans. We provide high-touch service and customized products designed around our client’s needs. From refinancing your student loan debt to buying your first home, our team is leading the way for innovation at First Republic.
Duties and Responsibilities
An encouraging culture that invests in you
Eagle Lending is looking for an exceptional Analyst Team Manager to support and lead our Personal Line of Credit Analyst Team. We're looking for a self-starter who is eager to leverage his/her leadership and management skills to drive production, quality and the development and growth of the team. Based in San Francisco, this role will guide the Analyst Team as they focus on processing, evaluating, and completing financial analysis on individual loan requests, and monitoring and maintaining the overall credit quality of existing Eagle loan facilities.
What you’ll do as a Credit Analyst Manager:
- Monitor incoming volume and balance pipelines and assignments. Participate in the underwriting workflow as needed.
- Collaborate with Analyst Management Team to create an environment of empowerment, trust, and support.
- Responsible for the acquisition, retention, and development of analyst talent. Formally manages, guides, mentors, and coaches Analysts in both technical and professional skills.
- Drive key production metrics in the areas of service level agreements, development, and operational improvements.
- Cultivate strong and positive working relationships with cross functional and adjacent teams: Sales, Closing, Executive Loan Committee, Loan Servicing, Product etc.
- Proactively monitor and manage team’s performance to ensure quality credit and avert any potential signs of default. Including the analysis/utilization of management reports, audits, referral reviews, quality check-ins and performance reviews, etc.
- Support continuous improvement ideas, suggestions, and initiatives to increase productivity and streamline processes.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 4+ years of Management experience.
- 5+ years of underwriting experience with or understanding of credit/lending.
- BA/BS required with concentration in business or finance preferred or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communicator both written and verbally; communicates frequently in a clear, concise manner; able to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Effective leader and solution-based problem solver, who anticipates issues who seeks out and evaluates information collaboratively across impacted areas to develop proactive solutions.
- Highly developed organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and control work environment.
- Self-motivated and independent with the ability to make sound decisions both in the management of the team and when approaching technical underwriting scenarios.
- Relentless internal and external customer service focus. Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team. Looks for ways to drive engagement and create development opportunities for the team.
- Ability to delegate appropriately and maintain accountability in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.