Deposits Quality Assurance Specialist
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Our team’s goal is to support our clients’ banking needs and develop long-term relationships through exceptional, personalized service. As the Bank’s deposit experts, we offer deposit solutions for our clients and their businesses through our high-touch service model.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
The QA Specialist position is responsible for all first-level review of new accounts and account changes which involves reviewing documentation, all applicable Bank systems and KYC to ensure all accounts are in line with policy and Bank procedures. Additional responsibilities include properly maintaining findings within the QA Documentation Databases and Logs for assigned accounts. A proficient understanding of deposit documentation requirements, KYC and complex business structures is preferred for this position.
What you’ll do as a Deposit Quality Assurance Specialist:
- Review new accounts as well as change requests as assigned by QA Assistant Manager/Manager and update the QA Documentation database with exceptions as applicable. Properly communicate issues with Preferred Bankers in a clear and concise manner.
- Review KYC for completeness and quality of content. Escalate any issues or hard stops to QA Management to ensure proper protocol is followed in a timely manner.
- Review and clear pending exceptions in a timely manner. Work with Assistant Manager/Manager, when necessary, to resolve any outstanding items.
- Answer questions raised by Preferred Bankers regarding Deposit Procedures.
- Familiarize and review all policy and procedure (P&Ps) updates on Bank policy, internal QA procedures, and BSA/AML KYC policies on Bank intranet as frequently as necessary in order to proactively identify opportunities to improve the quality of reviews.
- Assist with research on various reports and projects as needed.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities, and other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by Management.
- Provide oversight to ensure compliance with BGB and regulatory requirements on
(a) Deposit Documentation (New Accounts, Supersedes, and Miscellaneous)
(b) Regulatory Documentation (KYC, Signature Cards, review)
(c) Ensure documents imaged are uploaded with quality
(d) Identify any rejects/issues with Imaging/FP and escalate to QA Management
(e) Other tasks related to account documentation as assigned to support the team.
- Additional responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- The ability to coordinate multiple priorities, successfully resolve complex matters, easily understand processes/workflows, identify risks, and effectively tailor their communication (written/verbal) to their audience in a clear and concise manner.
- A bachelor's degree in addition to at least 2-4 years’ experience in banking or an equivalent industry is preferred.
- Complete knowledge of banking platforms used by the bank – OSI/Total Plus, Flightpath, OnBase, Ephesoft Scanning, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, MS Office, etc.
- Team player
- Provides extraordinary service
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.