Deputy Director of Relationship Management Training and Development
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Relationship Manager Development Program is a training program, designed specifically to prepare successful applicants to become highly successful Relationship Managers (RMs) who are well versed in Single Family Residential products. Relationship Managers build and maintain a relationship-based client portfolio, identify lead product opportunities, and offer a diversified product portfolio to a sophisticated, high net worth client base. An RM’s responsibilities include developing and maintaining private client, professional, and business banking relationships, as well as offering deposit accounts, investment advisory accounts, loans and lines of credit, and trust and brokerage referrals to meet their client’s needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Deputy Director to assist with implementation and leadership of the Relationship Manager (RM) Development Program. This internal program is meant to identify and prepare the next cohort of Relationship Managers whose focus will be maintaining and further developing client relationships through Single Family Residential lending. Relationship Managers at First Republic work with their clients to understand their banking and financial needs, and through our diverse product portfolio, help them achieve their financial goals. In addition to the RM Development Program this person will be responsible for assisting with creating and implementing trainings for the broader RM population, create materials, meet with key stakeholders such as Regional Management, Executive Loan Committee and the Program Management team.
What you’ll do as Deputy Director of Relationship Management Training and Development:
- Collaborate with partners to train Relationship Managers in the development program.
- Partner closely with members of Executive Loan Committee to ensure Relationship Managers receive extensive and measurable credit training. This will consist of coordinating online and classroom trainings, shadowing sessions and gathering feedback from interactions on a regular basis.
- Enhance and maintain the RM development program, along with day-to-day oversight and tracking to ensure Relationship Managers complete the program within the expected time frame.
- Identify and work with external vendors to lead various trainings for Relationship Managers.
- Plan and organize social gatherings both within the Relationship Manager Development program cohorts and with other areas of the bank they will interact with.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities or as assigned by supervisor.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 18 months of lending experience
- Demonstrated credit skills
- The ability to excel in a team environment
- Strong organization skills to manage time and multiple requests efficiently.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.