Director, Digital Security
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic’s employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director, Digital Security will be responsible for leading a team of talented engineers to build and operate a common platform as a product for Digital Technology teams. The objective is to reduce time to market and complexity by working with the enterprise platform team, providing self-service deployments for infrastructure, applications, and ease of operating applications in production.
What you’ll do as Director, Digital Security:
- Provide IAM solutions for migrating or new applications in the FRB environment across digital platforms integrating with internal and external FinTech partners
- Collaborate with architects and information security to manage the design, development and operations of the company identity and access management solutions
- Provide engineering expertise to design, integrate, and deploy directory services and IAM solutions, with a focus on technologies such as Active Directory, virtual directory and identity orchestration, LDAP, and identity management systems, while in compliance with service level agreements, FRB’s standards, and security and technology industry best practices
- Lead evolving digital IAM teams with hiring, retaining, and growing talented engineers for digital/cloud transformation
- Document and communicate required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality
- Provide IAM services for complex, multi-tier applications that are migrating to Cloud Platforms
- Troubleshoot problems, resolving root cause, and where possible, fixing the bug(s)
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Knowledge and experience with Tokenized identity, Authentication and Authorization systems/infrastructures and related implementation techniques
- Technical expertise in at least one public cloud platform: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Proficiency in Cloud enabled architecture and design of high performing, secured Restful APIs
- Experience in container orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes
- Experience working in Agile environment with modern CI/CD and DevOps principles
- Solid background in Cloud-first environments and building cloud native platforms
- Execute technology modernization initiatives including migration to cloud native and API strategy
- Strategic thought leader who can craft a mission and strategy for a given space and inspire teams to deliver on it
- Hands-on, "roll up your sleeves" collaborative style of working
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years in software engineering with 3 years in Identity and Access Management experience
- Leadership in growing team expertise to align with demand, business, and technology direction; assess team capabilities, identify ways to provide and enhance value delivered
- The successful candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the ability to manage time effectively, coordinate multiple priorities, successfully resolve complex matters, easily understand processes/workflows, identify risks, and effectively tailor their communication to their audience in a clear and concise manner
- Readiness to work independently and often autonomously in the management of teams and operational disciplines and develop strategic thinking and planning in work plan execution
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.