Director, Facilities Accounting
At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking, and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
In Accounting, we’re responsible for recording and reconciling financial transactions, processing vendor payments, processing payroll, calculating and remitting taxes. We also produce external and internal financial reports and interpret accounting guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
Director, Facilities Accounting will serve as a partner to First Republic Bank’s Chief Accounting Officer, accounting team leadership and Bank’s management and will provide solid business council to the Facilities accounting team. The individual will have responsibility for various aspects of financial close and monthly and quarterly reporting as it relates to Facilities, including Leases and Fixed Assets (collectively, “Facilities”); maintaining the accounting structure, procedures and controls; and application of appropriate technical accounting and regulatory rules for the areas of responsibility. The individual must thrive in a deadline-oriented and fast-pace environment, enjoy coaching and developing others, and have a passion for continuous improvement.
What you’ll do as a Director, Facilities Accounting:
- Provide oversight of Facilities accounting operations
- Lead monthly and quarterly close processes for Facilities.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of reporting as it relates to Facilities; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and year-end internal financial reports for the areas of responsibility
- Analyze and ensure compliance with ASC 842 Leases and ASU 2018-15 Cloud Computing Arrangements
- Prepare various analyses and forecasts provided to the Accounting and executive leadership
- Analyze complex contracts and ensure proper accounting treatment
- Work closely with IS, Project Management, Procurement teams to analyze the accounting treatment and timely recording of the assets relating to the projects
- Take a leadership role on the strategic roll-out of the procure-to-pay solution as it relates to Facilities
- Lead process improvements, operational effectiveness and automation initiatives related to Facilities area
- Participate and play a leading role in other Accounting department-wide automation and technology-based initiatives and system implementations
- Support other special projects
- Ensure maintenance of effective internal controls and appropriate accounting procedures for the areas of responsibility, including evaluation of processes and controls for compliance with SOX.
- Key liaison with external and internal auditors, as well as regulators for their audits and examinations of the Facilities area.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and oversight to the Facilities accounting team
- Lead, manage and develop a strong, performance-oriented team, capable of actively and effectively engaging and growing with the business.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- BS degree in accounting. CPA is preferred.
- Eight plus years of accounting experience, including a Big four accounting firm, and/or a public company
- Banking or financial services experience is preferred
- Five plus years of managerial experience
- Progressive track record of success in managing within an accounting organization
- Experience with Facilities accounting, including accounting for leases, fixed assets, cloud computing arrangements
- Deep knowledge of GAAP, strong technical capabilities with expertise in working with technical accounting matters and accounting standards
- Strong understanding of SOX requirements
- Experience in completing successful projects surrounding process and control improvements and redesign, including accounting systems implementations
- Strong business acumen, Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills with ability to present to the senior management
- Strong leader who is able to lead and manage the team in an open and collegial environment
- Excellent maturity and judgement, and the ability to operate effectively in fast-pace environment. Maintain composure under pressure and have the ability to balance competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity and commitment to excellence
- To thrive and succeed within this unique culture and work environment, individuals must demonstrate humility, innate curiosity and openness to new ideas/approaches. Need to be hard working, confident and goal oriented
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.