Director, IT Communications
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic’s employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director, IT Communications is responsible for overseeing the direction and development of all IT related change and communication materials in Information Services. This role will work with a variety of stakeholders, including Information Services management, Marketing/Corporate Communications, various business units, or other stakeholders, to develop a unified messaging strategy.
What you’ll do as Director, IT Communications:
- Develop and implement strategies and programs to communicate the First Republic’s IT business objectives, culture and values to its employees within the context of overall brand tonality and style.
- Play a key role in ensuring IT change initiatives meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage.
- Partner with Information Services management, Marketing/Corporate Communications, all IS functions and other departments to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate strategic internal communications.
- Design, edit and oversee distribution of internal IT communication materials via company newsletters, intranet, emails/memos, webcasts, employee meetings, and other communications channels.
- Develop and direct the preparation of all-hands meetings, roadshows, and other critical events focused on IT initiatives.
- Provide guidance to the CIO and DCIO and other IS senior leaders regarding corporate announcements on IT topics.
- Partner closely with IT Service Management teams to ensure business partners are notified timely and often of all matters that affect work capabilities.
- Build framework for IT communications, including templates and manager communication tools
- Understand and demonstrate focus/messaging on the value of Information Services and sustaining organizational effectiveness.
- Apply understanding of First Republic values, persistent focus on client service, and demonstrated business acumen.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Ten or more years’ experience in the planning, design and deployment of corporate marketing and communication initiatives; Journalism, Communications Marketing degree a plus.
- Have direct experience with Information Technology environments and marketing, communication and change management needs.
- Experience as a strategic and analytical leader on a senior team.
- Comfortable working with C-suite executives and engaging with all levels of the organization to identify and understand communication needs
- Positive use of influence; building organizational-wide relationships and obtaining consensus to move initiatives forward and position for success.
- Creative writer with the ability develop both written and visual content for multiple audiences; ability to visualize stories and messages.
- Experience with understanding and communicating change management initiatives, in a technology environment with technology colleagues Ability to impact organizational change with effective, timely and targeted messaging
- Possess strong judgment, professional responsibility and interpersonal skills to be able to work with highly confidential information.
- Possess a strong command of grammar, spelling and both business and AP- style writing.
- Comprehensive applied working skills in presentation mediums, e.g. powerpoint, photoshop, video, etc.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Accountable for meeting tight deadlines and possess a sense of urgency.
- Must have superior verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Able to think strategically and incorporate multiple, sometimes differing inputs to achieve best messaging/positioning.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate integrity, high energy, initiative and self-confidence.
- Dedication to diversity.
This position is eligible for the IS Flexible Work Program.
- Must be able to review and analyze data; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via any medium and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.