Director, Treasury & Deposit Strategy
At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking, and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
In Treasury, we’re responsible for the Bank’s financial health. We work with teams across First Republic to set growth strategies, stay ahead of market trends, monitor risk and ensure compliance with the latest regulatory requirements. Typical focus areas include cash and collateral management, balance sheet management, liquidity risk management, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
Outside of the traditional finance skill sets, the Treasury team has deep expertise in quantitative modeling, and places a high priority on leveraging technology, data, and analytics to drive decision making.
In this role the candidate will primarily be focused on day to day funding and liquidity management for the Bank, and partnering with our various business lines to structure and price a range of funding vehicles, with a particular focus on broker dealer sweeps and money market mutual funds. To accomplish this, we expect the successful candidate to be a flexible team player, who can contribute to an overall strategic vision, while demonstrating a mastery of the operational processes needed to support this vision. Additionally, the successful candidate is a passionate user of technology for purposes of achieving efficiency and minimizing risk.
What you’ll do as a Director, Treasury:
- Monitor bank liquidity position and funding profile
- Develop and implement automated analytical tools and dashboards covering liquidity position and funding profile
- Contribute to development and execution of funding strategy
- Develop and manage funding institutional funding sources
- Identify and remediate areas of risk for treasury activities
- Complete ad hoc projects for senior and executive management
- Work with other functional groups in the Bank to complete treasury projects including our broker dealer management team
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 10+ years of experience
- Strong problem solving abilities, ability to think “outside the box”
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Degree in a STEM field, such as analytics, finance, economics, computer science, statistics, engineering, applied mathematics, or related field. Bachelor’s degree required, MS/MA preferred.
- Experience with cloud technology a plus
- CTP, Series 7 and 27 a plus
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.