Director Corporate Strategy
At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking, and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
The Corporate Strategy Director will be a key contributor on First Republic’s Corporate Strategy team, whose mission is to oversee the strategy process for First Republic. The small team works on the highest priorities for the company, helping our executive and management to understand and capitalize on key opportunities for growth across the enterprise. Work from the team contributes directly to decision making by senior management and the Board of Directors. The Corporate Strategy Director will work directly with the SVP of Strategy, senior executives, and leaders from across our businesses and functions.
Due to the collaborative nature of this role, we are seeking candidates that are able to accommodate an in-person or hybrid work environment with 3-5 days per week in-person in San Francisco.
Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as a Corporate Strategy Director:
- Lead and manage the strategic planning process for the enterprise.
- Work with senior leaders to identify key priorities for First Republic and our business units.
- Understand the external environment and competitive landscape to help business leaders formulate strategies and priorities.
- Coordinate the alignment of strategic priorities and communicate plans throughout the organization.
- Develop coordinated roadmaps across the business units to understand, track, and help guide collaborative projects.
- Identify areas of opportunity across the organization and articulate the strategic rationale and business cases for strategic opportunities.
- Perform market research and analysis to support development of First Republic’s strategy.
- Work closely with senior leaders to develop strategy around macro themes including the future of banking, changing client expectations, digital transformation, organizational efficiency, and the future delivery our exceptional client service.
- Collaborate with Corporate Finance teams on organic value-creation and growth opportunities.
- Draft presentation materials for use with First Republic’s Board of Directors senior management.
- MBA preferred, bachelor’s degree required.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in strategic planning or strategy consulting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and command of strategic planning concepts and operational execution.
- Strong analytical skills, with mature and independent judgment.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, business banking models, and consumer financial behavior preferred.
- Ability to understand strategic opportunities and synthetize into clear presentations or communications to enable strategic decision making.
- Ability to analyze complex information from multiple sources, and to communicate effectively in writing and presentations to a wide range of audiences in clear, understandable language.
- Outstanding communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work within a complex and fast-moving environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management.
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Thrives in a small team environment and as an individual contributor.
- Executive level presentation and communication skills.
- Works ethically and with integrity aligned with organizational goals and values.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect.
- Develops positive relationships and lead through influence with internal partners, build consensus and prioritize action and results.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.