ELC, Senior Credit Officer
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
This position is for a residential Credit Officer who will be part of a larger team of credit approvers that make up the Executive Loan Committee (ELC). ELC is a team of highly experienced Credit Officers who are committed to providing the best coaching and support for Relationship Managers (sales teams) at the bank.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility of this role is to work closely with the Relationship Managers to approve, structure and price residential mortgages
- Reviewing credit files for documentation, proper underwriting, QM compliance, investor salability requirements and appraisals
- In addition to following a strict credit approval function you will make business decisions on behalf of the bank and help the Relationship Managers win safe and profitable business
- The role also entails making, opining and approving related business and legal issues, meeting with clients and visiting properties
- Regular interactions with loan teams
- Assist on projects as needed
- A bachelor’s degree
- 6 or more years of relevant experience; 10 years preferred
- Strong Analytical skills
- Experience in residential lending, transaction negotiation, due diligence, credit analysis and above all, sound credit judgement.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with ability to establish trust, credibility and influence across the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to deliver presentations across the Bank
- Skill in managing and organizing the competing demands of multiple internal stakeholders, business areas and external providers to develop a roadmap and deliver high-quality solutions
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person
Own your work and your career — apply now
Pursuant to the New York Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.