Equity Investments Associate
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients' unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
This individual will be a key member of the Equities Team at First Republic Investment Management and Research, reporting to the Head of Equities. He/she will ensure that the Team is responsive to the equity research-related needs of the Private Wealth Management organization by ensuring research materials are aligned to current and emerging areas of client need, meet the highest quality standard and are delivered in a timely fashion. The successful candidate will support the growth and integration of the team's investment strategies into the books of business of First Republic Wealth Managers, the primary client of the Equities Team.
What you'll do as an Equity Investments Specialist:
- Serve as the primary contact for Equities Team-related research and information requests from Wealth Managers and their clients. Coordinate with in-house sector analysts and strategists to ensure thorough and timely responses to Wealth Managers, firm leadership and other internal constituents.
- Coordinate thematic research efforts across the Equity Research team.
- Prepare and update presentation materials and other documents produced by the Equity Research Analysts and Strategists. This will involve collecting and presenting performance data in a client-ready and compliant manner.
- Develop and coordinate a calendar of external speakers to present to Wealth Managers. (These will be speakers with expertise in domestic and international equities and the global economy.)
- Work as a "right hand" to the Head of Equities in supporting all types of ad-hoc research projects and client deliverables.
- Collaborate effectively with the entire Equities Team, helping to facilitate communication and idea sharing and to ensure top-notch output at all times.
- Act as secretary for Investment Committee meetings. Schedule meetings, prepare meeting materials, coordinate follow-up meetings and activities, and archive all relevant documents.
- Maintain database of compliance-related materials for the Equity Research team.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in and around the investments/securities area (buy side or sell side)
- Well-organized with an ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey complex ideas clearly and understandably to colleagues and clients
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite; programming languages like R or Python are a plus
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills, including driving to completion
- Undergraduate degree in business or an analytical field; MBA desirable
- CFA (or progress towards CFA) is ideal
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.