Head of Enterprise Architecture
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic’s employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
Duties and Responsibilities
Discover the independence to grow and drive change
As the Vice President, Head of Enterprise Architecture, you will lead a team that is at the center of technology architecture and SDLC at the bank. You will define and own the enterprise technology architecture and drive technology vision at the bank partnering with infrastructure, information security, various line of business technology teams and enterprise delivery teams. You will have strategic input into future investments in technology and programs and will unite architectural practices across the organization. Reporting to the SVP, Manish Garg, and serving as a senior member of the leadership team, we are seeking a leader who will inspire a high-performing team, influence across the organization and maintain great company culture.
What you’ll do -
The Head of Enterprise Architect is responsible for leading the definition and implementation of the bank’s target state technology architecture, addressing any gaps and ensuring alignment with business and technology partners.
Establish a roadmap and migration plan to achieve the future state enterprise architecture.
Unified Bank architecture standards and practices that are agreed upon and used across the bank.
Define and govern SDLC governance processes.
Other responsibilities include:
- Establish and maintain the bank’s architecture standards and guiding principles (e.g. API standards and integration principles).
- Recommend products or initiatives that innovate and anticipate future business needs.
- Guide and partner with Business Technology Partners to ensure that the target architecture achieves business capability goals while creating the platform for faster change (e.g. code reuse) and efficiency (e.g. deduplication).
- Partner across the Technology Operations organization and with external stakeholders to establish more explicit connectivity of technology architecture to business and process architecture, promoting reuse of capabilities and existing enterprise solutions.
- Work with the Enterprise Data teams and business technology partners to develop a data strategy in support of target architecture.
- Work with the EPO team in yearly portfolio review to define capability-based thinking.
- Partner with Information Security to align on security architecture.
- Partner with Infrastructure to align with infrastructure architecture
- Evolve and chair the bank’s architecture governance function, Architecture Review function and architecture guild
- Lead talent development of the bank’s pool of enterprise and solution architects.
- Build matrixed skills across technology teams to cover technology and domain expertise
- Develop and maintain a repository of architecture documentation, including detailed as-is application architecture, to-be application/reference architecture, integration architecture technology standards, application strategic postures, etc.
- Develop and maintain a repository of design patterns with sample code that development community can leverage.
- Develop and maintain product/solution/process that allows for ensuring SDLC adherence across the enterprise
- Ensure architecture standards are compliant with bank policies and standards.
- Proactively manage and report on risks within the Enterprise Architecture space.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to American Disability Act (ADA) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training and 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Are a highly structured thinker, excellent communicator, collaborative, and highly self-motivated.
- At least 10 years of financial services/banking experience
- At least 10 years of managing an enterprise or solution architecture practice
- Embrace new challenges, are motivated by complex problems, and have a very strong attention to detail.
- Are a self -starter who wants to be a key leader in continuing the legacy of an organization’s differentiated client experience, by expanding with new & creative approaches.
- Have strong leadership and mentorship skills in fast-paced environments, including a strong track record of applying management tactics to effectively build and lead teams.
- Ability to drive architecture, infrastructure, security, monitoring, development, and design.
- Strong technology background with exception experience in cloud, data, mobile and digital infrastructure.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.