Human Resources Business Partner Associate (HYBRID)
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
In Human Resources, we are committed to growing and protecting First Republic and its culture by attracting, retaining and supporting our most valuable resource: people. Providing our colleagues with extraordinary service is our commitment; their success is our reward.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will have the opportunity to work directly with an HR Business Partner (HRBP) in managing and delivering HR needs to the assigned business unit(s). As a key part of your role, you will help ensure the appropriate delivery of HR services to meet your internal client group’s needs, while executing people and culture strategies. In many cases you will be the initial point of contact for colleagues in the client groups you support and you will work with an HR Business Partner to ensure timely follow up. You will also play a key role in maintaining First Republic’s reputation as a great place to work.
What you’ll do as an Associate HR Business Partner:
Strategic Business Partnering:
- Develop and maintain in-depth understanding of the assigned business unit’s annual and long-range business strategies, plans, objectives, and people and culture needs
- Act as a people and culture champion and change agent
- Check in regularly with new employees through the first year of employment
- Work with your manager and our HR Centers of Excellence in the development, implementation, communication and execution of core and customized business unit people and culture strategies and programs
- Strong emphasis on collaboration and teamwork across the HR Business Partner Associate (HRBPA) group leveraging best practices, ensuring consistency across processes, and identifying areas of improvement and efficiency
- Continually expand your business and HR knowledge, including demonstrating in-depth knowledge of current legal requirements and First Republic’s HRBP Model and ways of working
Administration and Operations:
- Act as the first point of contact for HR related inquiries, ensure appropriate and accurate responses and follow up as needed
- Assume the role as the subject matter expert on HR and department specific policies and procedures
- Run weekly/monthly reports and update data to ensure proper tracking of open and filled positions for the year
- Liaise with the HR Operations team with onboarding and off boarding documents and logistics
- Conduct Exit interviewsKeep up to date with all HR Operations team and Talent Acquisition team process updates
- Work with HR Operations team and HRIS to ensure accuracy of HR data for your client group(s) in UltiPro, iCIMS, BIG and Form I-9 as well as offer letters for new hires
- Continually demonstrate appropriate leverage of and interface with our HR Centers of Excellence and Shared Services; provide strategic HR partnering and coordination, and appropriate use of HR operational resources, such as Employee Relations, Benefits, Payroll and HR Administration
- Work with your HR Business Partner to identify and inform HR Technology & Operations of recurring and/or ad hoc business unit needs for HR analytics, reporting, technology or other HR operational requirements
- Work with your HR Business Partner to deliver a routine and reliable cadence of HR analytics and insights that helps your business unit(s) stay ahead of internal/external people and culture trends and dynamics
- Work with your HR Business Partner to create PowerPoint decks and other visual aids to assist with conversations
- Work with internal partners and outside counsel on immigration matters
- Partner with HRBP and hiring managers on the creation of job descriptions
- Assist with special projects as needed
What skills you will use:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 or more years’ HR experience in a corporate environment (employee relations, staffing, learning, HR operations, etc.)
- Experience working with varying HR policies, procedures and systems in a corporate environment
- Experience with PowerPoint, Outlook, and Microsoft Excel
- Recent experience working with C-level executives and department heads preferred
- Experience influencing stakeholders at varying levels is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of key and current employment legislation
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices that influence people and culture in a corporate environment
- Understanding of the highly competitive employment environment in the markets where we operate and serve
- Clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for people, a strong sense of personal integrity, a positive attitude and a desire to do the right thing
- Proven skills influencing stakeholders and negotiating needs, deliverables and resources
- Strong time management and organization; effectively balancing competing priorities while meeting time and quality requirements
- A motivated and resourceful learner. If you don't understand something, you figure out a way to learn about it, and you aren't afraid to ask when you need help
- Independent, organized, and passionate about detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Predictive Index certification a plus
- HR certification a plus: PHR, SHRM-CP
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.