Human Resources Business Partner Associate
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
In Human Resources, we are committed to growing and protecting First Republic and its culture by attracting, retaining and supporting our most valuable resource: people. Providing our colleagues with extraordinary service is our commitment; their success is our reward.
Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as an Associate HR Business Partner:
- Develop and maintain in-depth understanding of the assigned business unit’s annual and long-range business strategies, plans, objectives, and people and culture needs.
- Work with your manager and our HR Centers of Excellence in the development, implementation, communication and execution of people and culture programs such as performance management, annual compensation reviews, and New Colleague Orientation.
- Collaborate across the HRBPA team to leverage best practices, ensure consistency across processes, provide backup coverage for each other, and identify areas of improvement and efficiency.
- Provide guidance to colleagues on HR policies and processes.
- Work with employees and managers to resolve conflicts and address performance issues through disciplinary actions such as performance improvement plans or written warnings.
- Check in regularly with new employees through the first year of employment.
- Continually expand your business and HR knowledge, including demonstrating in-depth knowledge of current legal requirements and First Republic’s HRBP Model and ways of working.
- Partner with HRBP and hiring managers on the creation of job descriptions and requisitions.
- Run weekly/monthly reports to and update data to ensure proper tracking of open and filled positions for the year.
- Keep up to date with all HR Operations team and Talent Acquisition team process updates. Work with HR Operations team and HRIS to ensure accuracy of HR data for your client group(s) in UltiPro, iCIMS, BIG and Form I-9 as well as offer letters for new hires.
- Leverage of and interface with our HR Centers of Excellence and Shared Services; provide strategic HR partnering and coordination, and appropriate use of HR operational resources, such as Employee Relations, Benefits, Payroll and HR Technology.
- Identify and inform HR Technology & Operations of recurring and/or ad hoc business unit needs for HR analytics, reporting, technology or other HR operational requirements.
- Work with your HR Business Partner to deliver a routine and reliable cadence of HR analytics and insights that helps your business unit(s) stay ahead of internal/external people and culture trends and dynamics
- Work with your HR Business Partner to create PowerPoint decks and other visual aids to assist with conversations
- Work with HR Analyst and outside counsel on immigration matters
- Liaise with the HR Operations team with onboarding and off boarding documents and logistics
- Conduct Exit interviews and summarize themes for HRBP and leaders.
- Liaise with Learning & Development team to ensure timely completion of all training and mid-year/annual reviews for client groups.
- Assist with special projects as needed
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 or more years’ HR experience in a corporate environment (employee relations, staffing, learning, HR operations, etc.)
- Experience working with varying HR policies, procedures and systems in a corporate environment
- Experience with PowerPoint, Outlook, and Microsoft Excel
- Recent experience working with C-level executives and department heads preferred
- Experience influencing stakeholders at varying levels is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of key and current employment legislation
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices that influence people and culture in a corporate environment
- Understanding of the highly competitive employment environment in the markets where we operate and serve
- Clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for people, a strong sense of personal integrity, a positive attitude and a desire to do the right thing
- Proven skills influencing stakeholders and negotiating needs, deliverables and resources
- Strong time management and organization; effectively balancing competing priorities while meeting time and quality requirements
- A motivated and resourceful learner. If you don't understand something, you figure out a way to learn about it, and you aren't afraid to ask when you need help
- Independent, organized, and passionate about detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Predictive Index certification a plus
- HR certification a plus: PHR, SHRM-CP
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.