Internal Account Executive
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Relationship Managers at First Republic are credit-trained lenders who work with both private and commercial clients to meet their needs for residential mortgages, construction loans or other credit facilities. As a Relationship Manager at First Republic you will work directly with clients to identify their banking needs and financial goals in order to deliver tailored private banking solutions to clients alongside their wealth management, business banking, and deposit-focused partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for managing client expectations and requests while assisting the Relationship Manager (RM) with day to day duties which may include a variety of analytical and client service oriented tasks. This position manages the RM’s book of business alongside alleviating the day to day tasks to allow the RM to focus on the growth of the business. The ideal candidate will act as a liaison between RM clients, Private Banking Officers, and lending personnel which require knowledge of various FRB products and programs depending on the RM’s business needs. Responsibilities include but not limited to managing client expectations and requests. Working with Clients, RM, and Executive Loan Committee (ELC) to determine loan structure and pricing, underwriting and ensuring the loan closes on time. This includes presenting deals to ELC and obtaining approval on behalf of the RM.
What you’ll do as an Internal Account Executive:
Manage the loan process:
- Collaborate with RMs, Executive Loan Committee (ELC), and clients to help determine appropriate loan product(s), loan amounts, and optimal structure
- Present deals on behalf of the RM to ELC for approval
- Communicate results to customer on the “needs list”, request missing items from clients when requested by processors
- Act as primary contact for clients when requested by RM
- Underwriting of loans
- Underwriting of residential and commercial loans
- Complete borrower and residential/commercial property cash flows as requested by RM or Team Lead
- Prepare pre-approval letters, forward loan applications etc. when Client Service Admin is not available
Provide excellent customer service:
- Respond to client inquiries and requests to properly manage client expectations and needs
- Respond to incoming calls
- Meet with clients as requested
Assist with business development:
- Work with the RM to review their book of business and identify areas of opportunity to deepen relationships.
- Strategize with RM on appropriate client situations and on Client Meetings.
- Help RM to maximize their business development efforts.
Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Work with internal business partners and lending office staff at various levels to research and resolve transaction concerns. Must be confident in response and ability to satisfactorily address all clients. Handles complex/escalated matters.
Includes verbal and written interaction on complex items.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and underwriting knowledge
- Thorough understanding of FRB credit guidelines various products and programs
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple priorities and flourish in a fast paced environment
- Excellent computer skills
- Provides extraordinary service
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word / MS Outlook / MS PowerPoint/ MS Excel.
- Required: Bachelors Degree; Minimum of 4 years of Credit underwriting experience. Proven customer service skills.
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.