Internal Control Analyst
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Lending Services, we document and fund all loans for First Republic. We’re responsible for servicing bank and investor loan portfolios, as well as responding to client and loan team inquiries. The team also supports sales staff in workflow processes, product development, training and compliance. Additionally, we support lending-based systems and vendors and manage technology projects across First Republic product lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
Lending Services is looking for a motivated, experienced professional with strong audit and/or risk assessment skills to join our Lending Services Internal Control team. As an Internal Control Analyst, you will be primarily responsible for liaising with the internal or external auditors to ensure timely completion of audits/reviews for Lending Services. Under the guidance of the Lending Services Internal Control Director, you will utilize your thorough comprehension of Department processes in order to lead operational risk assessments to assess operational risks and as well as control effectiveness, work with business process owners to identify and develop remediation plans and present results. You will also have an exciting opportunity to build your leadership skills as you help lead the review and evaluation of Lending Services departmental processes and controls in the form of risk-based Targeted Reviews.
What you’ll do as a Internal Control Analyst:
- Liaise with the Bank’s Internal or external auditors or examiners to ensure timely and successful audits and reviews, including fulfilling audit inquiries or requests and providing verbal and written communications/updates to auditors and Lending Services management. .
- Perform monitoring of Lending Services key controls, hold discussions with business unit management to review results and recommend process improvement opportunities, as applicable.
- Conduct Risk Control Self-Assessments (“RCSAs”) on key Lending Services processes, including planning, designing and facilitating workshops with Lending Services departments to identify and assess major operational risk and respective key controls, partner with business process owners to develop process improvement or remediation plan, as needed, and present results to Lending Services management. .
- Conduct analysis on risk events, including understanding and conducting root cause analysis and reporting results to Internal Control Director, partnering with business process owners to identify remediation plan as needed.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct Lending Services Targeted Reviews, including, but not limited to, designing review scope, conducting control/transaction testing, , preparing report and presenting results to Internal Control Director and business unit process owners.
- Coordinate periodic certifications and/or assertions which include, but are not limited to, the SOX program, various system certifications, and the Risk Inventory Attestation.
- Complete servicing information requests by investors or rating agencies.
- Act as a risk and control SME on internal process development / change initiatives. Consult with various internal or external business units on process implementation and/or change initiatives to ensure that a strong control environment is maintained.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities or as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1)adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.); 2)adhering to Bank policies and procedures; 3) completing required training; 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer; and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must possess 2-3 years of experience in internal or external audit or risk management.
- 1-3 years of experience in lending or financial services strongly preferred.
- Must possess strong working knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Visio, SharePoint, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Commercial and/or Residential loan origination/servicing systems a plus.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff at various levels.
- Must be able to act proactively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must further the First Republic Bank culture and values.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.