Lead Appian Developer
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic’s employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
Duties and Responsibilities
As an Appian Developer Lead you will be a key contributor to our rapid growth by joining a dynamic and motivated environment of passionate technology and business experts dedicated to demonstrable improvements. You will lead our teams’ development effort to deliver innovative solutions used by our colleagues in Residential and Commercial Lending Services and Operations. This job requires someone who is collaborative and seeks ownership of solutions.
What you’ll do as an [Appian Developer Lead]:
- Design and code custom solutions on the Appian shared platform used by multiple stakeholders in Lending.
- Collaborate with architects, developers, security specialists and vendors on innovative solutions to complex business problems
- Lead, evaluate and oversee software development solutions. Conduct code and design reviews and collaborate closely with solution architects, business analysts and other stakeholders.
- Communicate with product managers related to their business and operational objectives.
- Translate mock-ups, wire frames and data flows into Appian BPM workflows.
- Be highly collaborative with product management and technical support where feedback is used for continuous improvement with iterative deliverables.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 5+ years development experience with Appian
- 3+ years’ experience with NodeJS, Python, Apex or Java is highly desired
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL Server or Snowflake is highly desired
- Experience with development in AWS and AWS certification is a plus
- Demonstrated leadership of technical teams using the Agile project management methodology. Familiarity with Jira and Confluence is desired
- Demonstrated problem solving skills to provide production support of applications
- Communication skills to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.