Learning & Development Specialist
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Business Banking, we provide comprehensive depository, cash management and lending services to a diverse group of businesses throughout our communities. We are primarily focused on meeting the needs of professional service firms — doctors, lawyers, accountants, investment managers and consultants of all kinds — as well as those in industries such as private equity, venture capital, technology, wine, aviation, marine and non-profit
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Learning and Development Specialist, you will work in a team providing program support to initiatives including manager and leadership training, soft skills training, colleague communities, vendor management, credit training, and professional development programs for the Business Banking department. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and execute learning programs to enhance the knowledge, skills, and engagement of a fast-growing department within the bank. You will have the opportunity to lead your own Learning and Development initiatives, create content and support instructor-led courses. A successful team member will have the ability to juggle multiple priorities while remaining positive and flexible and is capable of thriving in a fast-paced and dynamic service-based environment.
What you’ll do as a Learning and Development Specialist:
- Collaborate with the Business Banking Learning and Development team on the design, identification, execution, and management of in-house and external learning solutions for the Business Banking department
- Provide program support to initiatives including manager and leadership training, soft skills training, colleague communities, DEI training, and professional development programs
- Support the Credit Training Program manager with programming and logistics
- Work closely with vendors to either create or license e-Learning options to augment our internal curriculum
- Maintain and enhance current training materials, including guides, activities, self-study modules, databases, and reports to track L&D within Business Banking
- Monitor participants' knowledge before and after training and provide additional coaching and feedback to management
- Support event planning needs such as materials development, venue research, logistics (virtual and in-person)
- Manage invitations, tracking, reservations, scheduling and other required logistics for in-person trainings and events
- Review and evaluate existing training programs and recommend appropriate changes to improve the learning process
- Continually work to find process improvements to maximize the team’s efficiency
- Inspire commitment to learning and development through communicating vision, engaging people in continuous learning initiatives, and encouraging a culture of feedback
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years’ professional experience. Experience with program development, training, vendor management and/or facilitation a plus
- Administrative and event planning experience and comfort with managing detailed logistics
- Prior experience consulting with employees at all levels of an organization, from frontline team members to executive leadership
- A broad understanding of designing and developing trainings
- The ability to learn quickly and manage multiple priorities; strong detail orientation and are highly organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to take initiative and work independently as needed but also collaborate as a team
- Passion for delivering excellent service to our internal clients
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.