Loan Administrator Lead
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
About PLP & Eagle Lending:
Eagle Lending is a business group focused on leveraging technology to bring in the next generation of clients to the bank. We offer five different loan products that we believe are phenomenal bridges to build relationships with our clients. The Professional Loan Program team is a key component of the Eagle Lending group at First Republic.
First Republic has a long history of partnering closely with the Private Equity and Venture Capital industries, and the Professional Loan Program (PLP), plays a pivotal role in deepening our ability to serve our client firms and their needs. Through the Professional Loan Program, we offer tailored loan programs to enable employees of our PE and VC firm clients to personally co-invest into the funds being raised by their firms. Another component of PLP is offering loans or lines of credit to prospective partners at professional service firms, to finance their partnership equity purchases.
Duties and Responsibilities
About the Role:
The Professional Loan Program (PLP) Loan Administrator - Team Lead will master the process and preparation of individual approved loans for booking and funding, in addition to assisting the PLP Loan Administrator team, Credit Analysts, Associate teams, and Eagle Lending Relationship Managers in the ongoing support of borrower-level loans. The ideal candidate will be the primary contact for sales teams, managers, and other departments for day to day tasks. Due to the complexity of the role, prompt action and attention to detail are important.
What you will do as a Loan Administrator Lead:
- Review drafted loan documents, reports, and email responses; and provide proper feedback
- Ensure team member actions follow procedure and protocol
- Assign workload equally among team members, including yourself
- Meet with team members for status updates, and provide advice/support
- Assist with training existing colleagues and training/on-boarding new colleagues
- Review and approve loan transactions, such as advances and pay downs
- Monitor timeliness of all tasks and coordinate with PLP Managers to ensure all deadlines are met
- Speak with internal and external clients on their needs and respond accordingly
- Escalate issues and provide feedback/solutions to immediate Manager
- Support and guide team members from the Loan Specialist, PLP Departures role
- Assist with the Eagle loan portfolio by ensuring loan files are complete, accurate, and prepared for booking
- Assist team with creating loan addendums, firm/guaranty confirmation emails, and amendments
- Assist team with initial advances, transfers, wires, and payoffs
- Participate in user acceptance testing and provide feedback on technology enhancements
- Field questions from the Professional Loan Program inbox; and ensure all emails are responded to in an accurate and timely manner
- Produce monthly and quarterly balance reports
- Ensure that all documentation required for the file is obtained and file is complete
- Process adverse action decisions by contacting the referring officer, which may also include communication with a client, preparing notices and mailing as required
- Communicate with the sales force (Eagle RMs, Relationship Managers, Preferred Bankers, and Preferred Banking Offices), Credit, Credit Administration, Commercial Loan Operations, Legal and Deposits on new requests and existing facilities
- Assist in identifying any improvements or changes we can make to the Eagle loan process to establish a best practice and make the processes we have in place more efficient
- Maintain process procedures and communicate updates accordingly
You could be a good fit if you have:
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, as well as analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with enthusiasm and energetic approach to getting job done
- Polish and self-assurance, coupled with the ability to work effectively and flexibly in a team environment, while assuming individual responsibility as well as ability to adjust priorities quickly
- Ability to balance client satisfaction and Eagle’s risk appetite
- Ability to handle ambiguous situations
- Ability to stay well organized
- BA/BS required with concentration in business or finance preferred
- 2-3 years’ banking/lending/closing experience preferred
- Advanced familiarity with Outlook, Word (mail merges), Excel (vlookups/PIVOT tables), and MS Access
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.