Manager, Commercial Loan Closing Operations
At First Republic Bank, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Lending Services, we document, fund, and service all loans for First Republic Bank. We’re also responsible for servicing investor and collateral loan portfolios, as well as responding to client and loan team inquiries. Lending Services provides operational support in streamlining workflow processes, driving product development, and providing training, lending compliance support, and professional development resources. Additionally, we provide operational risk and internal control oversight, support lending-based systems and vendors, and manage technology projects across First Republic product lines.
Lending Services is looking for a skilled professional with dynamic leadership and management skills to join our Commercial Loan Closing team. As the Closing Operations Manager, you will have the opportunity to utilize and hone your leadership and management skills as you oversee a team of loan administration and closing staff. The position is responsible for management and oversight of the teams whose core functions are: pipeline management, documentation preparation, due diligence review, loan closing and fundings, all with a focus to providing excellent service to our clients. Focusing mainly on FRB’s commercial products, which ranges from commercial real estate to business loans, including private equity, aircraft, marine, winery, professional services and non-profits financing, this individual is expected to be a proactive leader and team player with the ability to be influential and establish positive working relationships across the Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as a Commercial Closing Operations Manager:
- Manage day to day operations, including but not limited to individual staff and teams’ pipelines and volumes to ensure client expectations are met consistently.
- Utilize strategic planning skills to develop and execute effective pipeline management, to ensure successful file review and quality control processes are in place and expectations are met.
- Establish and maintain positive working environment and relationships with effective communication with internal and external business partners.
- Oversee strategic initiatives within the Commercial Loan Administration group, such as evaluating policies, practices and procedures to develop and implement successful loan file review and quality control processes.
- Be a key contributor in communication and partnerships between the Loan Administration staff and other areas of the Bank by moderating regularly scheduled team meetings with Credit Analysts and Lending Services to review any changing priorities.
- Serve as a contact in issues and help to resolve questions that may arise between team members and/or other Bank departments, as well as any third party vendors.
- Provide financial analysis and processing support, as you manage the pipeline of loan transactions, ensuring that all items are completed in compliance with the Bank and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct employee development engagements and activities, performance reviews and other administrative supervisory activities.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities or as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1)adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.); 2)adhering to Bank policies and procedures; 3) completing required training; 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer; and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience managing an operations department within the financial services industry.
- Must have experience managing a team size: 10+ staff.
- Experience in a Loan Administration and Closing Operations environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Private Equity or Venture Capital firms is preferred.
- Experience with commercial loan documentation is strongly preferred.
- Must possess the ability to identify redundancies and inefficiencies, make recommendations, and successfully implement solutions.
- Must be able to successfully manage projects of a varied and complex nature.
- Must possess strong analytical, process and people skills.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to work proactively and operate accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with variable deadlines.
- Additional work experience in a customer service-related function a plus.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations.
First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.