Manager, Loan Reporting (HYBRID)
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Credit Approval & Administration team provides education, guidance, and best practices related to First Republic’s credit culture and policy. Our team includes members of the Executive Loan Committee and Credit Administration who approve and monitor loans in accordance with our credit culture and policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Manager of Loan Reporting leads the team to produce quality and timely reports on the bank’s loan portfolio, credit risk metrics, and regulatory/audit requests.
The ideal candidate is a leader who is organized, pays close attention to detail, and motivates the team to accomplish consistent objectives in a timely manner. The candidate will be adept at working with partners across departments to accomplish shared objectives.
Success is defined by: managing processes in a timely and efficient manner with appropriate controls, identifying trends and nuances within the data, working with end users to maximize the value of solutions delivered and maintaining strong partnerships with other departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully manage and lead the team to produce accurate reports with consistent methodology while meeting deadlines
- Review and sign off on results produced by the analysts
- Identify insights within reports, and catch potential issues before they reach end users
- Own and update the Inventory of Reports
- Understand data sources and business logic
- Partner with key stakeholders to provide optimal solutions for their needs
- Work with the Development Team to automate processes
- Manage processes independently, providing timely status updates to key stakeholders
- Drive process improvements to strengthen controls, improve data quality, and reduce production time
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Keen and inquiring mind with the ability to see the big picture, yet manage to the details
- Have a background demonstrating attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to produce clear, concise explanations (oral and written)
- Team player with a positive, helpful and approachable attitude
- Expertise in Excel and open to learning basic database skills
- Familiarity with SOX Controls, SQL, Snowflake, SSRS, Tableau or GitHub a plus
- Experience in banking or financial services industry preferred
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated eagerness to improve processes while maintaining flexibility and complying with standards
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.