Manager, Residential Loan Closing Operations
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Lending Services, we document, fund, and service all loans for First Republic. We’re also responsible for servicing investor and collateral loan portfolios, as well as responding to client and loan team inquiries. Lending Services provides operational support in streamlining workflow processes, driving product development, and providing training, lending compliance support, and professional development resources. Additionally, we provide operational risk and internal control oversight, support lending-based systems and vendors, and manage technology projects across First Republic product lines.
Common goals, uncommon potential
Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as a Loan Closing Manager, Residential Lending:
- Manage closing functions to ensure loan documentation and funding are handled accurately, efficiently and within Department service level agreements.
- Monitor workflow for funders/closers and manage the pipeline for all fundings/closings.
- Assist with doc prep file QC and provide results as feedback to closers.
- Deliver funding/closing report to finance and other departments to ensure that all funds are available at the required time.
- Act as a mentor and subject matter trainer to staff; encourage associate development and advancement.
- Assess current workflow and processes in order to create and implement strategies designed to maximize efficiency and accuracy of the loan closing/funding group.
- Ensure consistent and effective methods of communication are in place to ensure the seamless operation of the group.
- Provide training, conduct performance reviews and complete any other supervisory activities.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities or as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.); 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures; 3) completing required training; 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer; and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- 4-5 years of experience in loan operations or related field.
- 1-3 years of managerial experience.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with residential loan origination systems strongly preferred.
- Exceptionally strong analytical, process and people skills.
- Excellent oral & written communications skills, including presentation skills
- Proactive individual able to operate efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated skills in organization and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience drafting and negotiating loan documentation.
- Good working knowledge of consumer regulatory compliance requirements.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.