Network Security Engineer
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Network Security Engineer provides security oversight to First Republic Bank’s computing environment.
Oversight is achieved by managing and developing the various defense-in-depth tools deployed throughout the enterprise. As a Network Security Engineer, you will be part of a team that is responsible for monitoring and investigating security events as reported by FRB’s SIEM; developing SIEM correlation rules to meet regulatory compliance requirements; identifying and addressing potential data loss channels; and staying apprised of potential security challenges through the gathering and processing of cyber intelligence.
Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as a Network Security Engineer:
- Security Information and Event Management: Ensure the proper ingestion of security logs to support the Information Security program. Create reports, alerts, and dashboards to support investigations. Develop actionable alerts and reduce false positives.
- Develop and implement SIEM use cases to support the monitoring of the Bank’s infrastructure and ensuring that regulatory and legal compliance (e.g. GLBA, SOX) is maintained and compliance with Bank policy is maintained.
- Support the incident response team, by providing tier 2 support to incident handlers.
- Data Loss Prevention Program: Support the enterprise data loss prevention program by identifying and controlling data loss channels. As directed, work with business units to address their data loss prevention requirements.
- Cyber Intelligence Analysis: Monitor cyber intelligence and provide input as necessary to other groups within the Bank. Take proactive steps, such as implementing controls, to reduce the likelihood of a successful attack. Update incident response procedures as necessary based upon cyber intelligence.
- Project Consulting: Provide security consulting services, as needed, to various projects. Provide assistance to the Information Security Architects in the design of security solutions.
- Apply a range of network security concepts to mitigate risk.
- Be able to work as a team but also independently. Lead projects, and partner with stakeholders to clearly define success criteria, and deliver expected results.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Technical network (e.g. CCNA, CCNP Security), Cloud (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate, AWS Security Specialty) and security certifications highly desirable (e.g. CISA, CISSP, GCIH).
- Understanding of controls (e.g. access control, auditing, authentication, encryption, integrity, physical security, and application security).
- Must be well versed in many areas including; Windows and Linux security, cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure), network infrastructure, endpoint detection and response, Active Directory, encryption and key management, network monitoring and sniffing, vulnerability and threat management tools (including network based scanners).
- Beneficial if experienced in Database Activity Monitoring Systems (DAM), Web Application Firewalls (WAF).
- Experience with scripting is a plus.
- Ability to provide quality deliverables on time and on budget.
- A desire to continue to learn and take on new challenges.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hardworking team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.