PBCS Senior Compliance Operations Specialist
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Our team’s goal is to support our clients’ banking needs and develop long-term relationships through exceptional, personalized service. As the Bank’s deposit experts, we offer deposit solutions for our clients and their businesses through our high-touch service model.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
The Compliance and Operations Specialist will play a key role in the Preferred Banking Client Services (PBCS) department as part of the Deposit line of business.
The Compliance and Operations Specialist (COS) will work independently to monitor control reports to ensure client transactions performed by frontline bankers are in compliance with prescribed policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. COS will act as a liaison between the frontline and internal partners (E.g. Legal/Compliance, BSA/AML, Internal Audit etc.) Compliance and Operations Specialist (COS) works with multiple businesses units in a changing environment where the complexity of the job changes from day to day.
The position may require travel to existing footprints of the bank to ensure adherence to regulatory, compliance and policy requirements. The position also requires an ability to work alone and manage time to make certain all assigned reviews and specific tasks (not limited to but including, transaction monitoring, daily work) are accurately escalated and remediated within the allowed time frame to avoid policy and/or regulatory violations. Additional responsibilities may involve training and development of team members.
This dynamic position goes beyond strictly operations review for policy and regulatory adherence, but includes performing periodic banker training, report generation to identify trends and opportunities, and interact with line of business management to promote safety and soundness.
The Compliance and Operations Specialist will consult with various business units across the enterprise (i.e. Legal/Compliance; BSA/AML; Risk, Fraud and Security; Internal Audit; Deposit Services; etc.) to ensure bank policies and procedures are current and align with regulatory updates.
What you'll do as a PBCS Senior Compliance Ops Specialist :
- Proactively uses independent judgment to identify opportunities to improve the quality and usability of internal processes to enable our bankers to be in compliance with regulatory requirements and the bank’s Policies and Procedures of the Bank (e.g. Big Green Book and Eaglesnet).
- Has a strong working knowledge of Regulatory and Compliance requirements and Bank Policies and Procedures to participate in the creation, preparation, and conduct transaction monitoring reviews along with leading professional development seminars as necessary to guide our bankers and all bank stakeholders.
- Upon request, provides management with accurate status reports which identifies operational deficiencies. Documents, presents findings, and relays evaluative feedback to local or regional leadership teams.
- Works closely with Management to ensure all operational issues are effectively communicated, including actively participating in ad-hoc projects and team meetings, while exhibiting ownership, follow-thru, initiative, and independent judgment at all times.
- Responsible to work on projects, including, but notwithstanding, monitoring, consolidating, and archiving active and pending reports, and performing other duties & responsibilities as required by Management.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Minimum 3-5 years of supervisory, retail branch operations and customer service experience.
- Strong communication skills, manage multiple projects under rapidly changing conditions, ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem solving and follow-up skills, computer skills with an emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Position may be required to travel 15-20% of the time.
- Must have excellent organizational and oral presentation skills.
- A candidate is expected to be a self-starter with a high ability to quickly comprehend technical concepts, and willingness to take charge and seek out answers, use independent judgment, even when given minimal instruction and guidance.
- Expertise in Bank Compliance, Internal Audit, Compliance Monitoring, preferred.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.